had a rude awakening this morning

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not when someone else does the work.and i get what money that is made from it :p

not when someone else does the work.and i get what money that is made from it :p
I need to clean out my garage. Seven and myself will do all the work and my kid will have the money spent before we finish it no doubt.:p

aint that the way its suppose to work? the parents do the work,and the kid(s) get the money.

I keep a BOB/GHB in the truck, and it's got a pretty decent complement of supplies.
I also have kind of an EDC bag in the way of my laptop case. Not as robust as a BOB of course, but then again, my laptop case is always right by me, so ready to go.

I would like to keep more gas in my vehicle, but just so much money.
I never let the guage get below half, just in case. I also keep a couple five gals in the garage, mostly for the yard equipment, but is ready if needed.

I have looked at getting tube tents for the BOBs, but wasn't really impressed with them. So I decided that rather than trying to take a regular tent, I plan on making a makeshift tent with tarps. I have several multipurpose tarps in the BOBs.

Two BOBs (long term and short term) stay at the foot of my bed...
I have all my gear stashed in one place. I would prefer to keep it near the downstairs door, but have it in a spare bedroom upstairs. It wouldn't take too long to carry it all down to the car, but the closer the better if you can.

Hey Brent,
Not that I can comment cause I haven't buried anything yet but don't you think you should? All your preps in 1 place...I think you and I should set a challenge to bury something before the end off summer. :) Let's say 30/08/14.

Hey Brent,
Not that I can comment cause I haven't buried anything yet but don't you think you should? All your preps in 1 place...I think you and I should set a challenge to bury something before the end off summer. :) Let's say 30/08/14.
I think if you have a bug out location it would be smart to bury some supplies in route. I'm not planning to bug out as I moved to my bug out location a few years ago. It would take a disaster that made my area uninhabitable to get me to leave here. I have all my camping gear in one place (which is my bugout bag). Most of the preps I'm working are renewable sustaining ones, like fruit trees, grapes, blueberries,a garden and greenhouse and chickens and rabbits. I'm going to add goats or a cow soon to start making cheese. I do have some preps that I want to keep 'hidden', and are in various locations and not readily seen. I read a post here that had some links on concealed storage a while back that was pretty good. I have a couple guns hidden but within easy access, and a few things that if someone broke in they wouldn't be easily found. I,ve got two pallets of block sitting in my front yard to start a root cellar also, which I'll spend some effort to conceal as well. I'm hoping that I am far enough out that I wouldn't have to deal with the groups from atl. Or other cities that will be out looting. I am almost done with fencing my property as well and will get two outside dogs to help with security and protect my animals too. I just dug a new pond for raising fish too, so as you can see, I've done a lot of preps here and don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon. Security is not a thing you can absolutely guarantee, but you plan for it the best you can. The bug out bag is just a last case option.

I think if you have a bug out location it would be smart to bury some supplies in route. I'm not planning to bug out as I moved to my bug out location a few years ago. It would take a disaster that made my area uninhabitable to get me to leave here. I have all my camping gear in one place (which is my bugout bag). Most of the preps I'm working are renewable sustaining ones, like fruit trees, grapes, blueberries,a garden and greenhouse and chickens and rabbits. I'm going to add goats or a cow soon to start making cheese. I do have some preps that I want to keep 'hidden', and are in various locations and not readily seen. I read a post here that had some links on concealed storage a while back that was pretty good. I have a couple guns hidden but within easy access, and a few things that if someone broke in they wouldn't be easily found. I,ve got two pallets of block sitting in my front yard to start a root cellar also, which I'll spend some effort to conceal as well. I'm hoping that I am far enough out that I wouldn't have to deal with the groups from atl. Or other cities that will be out looting. I am almost done with fencing my property as well and will get two outside dogs to help with security and protect my animals too. I just dug a new pond for raising fish too, so as you can see, I've done a lot of preps here and don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon. Security is not a thing you can absolutely guarantee, but you plan for it the best you can. The bug out bag is just a last case option.
Sound's like your doing a fine job, I'm taking it that you have some space around you to work with, Have you got a way of blocking the road(s) to your house?

I also keep a couple five gals in the garage, mostly for the yard equipment, but is ready if needed

Same here. Diesel for the tractor, and regular for the lawn mower, as well as mixed for the chainsaw.

Sound's like your doing a fine job, I'm taking it that you have some space around you to work with, Have you got a way of blocking the road(s) to your house?
I'm only on two and a half acres but am making the best use of it that I can. I'm not on a main road but it is a paved roadway and not too remote. Im ok with the location as I have two streams on the property, and the security was kind of a trade off for that. I am about two miles off the main roadway, so am ok with with it. I rented a backhoe this week, as I'm taking 6 days off work. I'm exhausted, but just finished 4 days of work with it. The pond and stream are looking good but I have mountains of slick mud that is going to need to dry out before I can do anything with it. I have two more days to play with this machine, with my next project to dig for the root cellar/storm shelter. I need to get a clue and go somewhere fun on a vacation one of these days!

Last edited:
I'm only on two and a half acres but am making the best use of it that I can. I'm not on a main road but it is a paved roadway and not too remote. Im ok with the location as I have two streams on the property, and the security was kind of a trade off for that. I am about two miles off the main roadway, so am ok with with it. I rented a backhoe this week, as I'm taking 6 days off work. I'm exhausted, but just finished 4 days of work with it. The pond and stream are looking good but I have mountains of slick mud that is going to need to dry out before I can do anything with it. I have two more days to play with this machine, with my next project to dig for the root cellar/storm shelter. I need to get a clue and go somewhere fun on a vacation one of these days![/
The life style can consume all your time and it can be hard to fit in a normal holiday, I'm only gona take 3 day's for a theme park holiday and the rest are for camping.

Bwahhahahah! Snowflake, said get a bigger garage!
"I love that story!" (Pee Wee Herman voice)
Carefull Snowflake, only Texans can pick on Texans.

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad the Scottish humor is understood in the states, I told my family yesterday...In the prep cupboard I'm gona paint "In Mum we trust" lol I'm so funny.

Latest posts

Back