H Ida aimed at NOLA now cat 4

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be willing to deal with a hurricane over a fire any day.

Yes, I’ve been through 2 wildfires in the last 10 years. I decided to stay and fight both times, but I was still scared shitless. The feeling of being alone in an empty neighborhood felt like being stranded on the Moon.

Last edited:
My sister called yesterday. She's doing good. During the storm she lost most of the roofing shingles. One of only 3 houses with a roof. The eye passed where she lives but still on the outside of the eye. Very scary time. My area is not so bad. Going to take some time to get the power back up. Estimates are between 2 to 3 weeks. But we survived another bad hurricane. Good for now.

A lot of sob stories are coming out now. I know this was a bad storm, but everyone down there could have prepped for it. At least a few days worth of food and water, a full tank of gas with a couple 5 gallon cans in case they wanted to bug out. Flash lights, a lantern or 2, emergency radio, batteries, water filter etc. All very basic stuff. Unless they're in an apartment everyone that's lived down there for more than a few months could/should have a generator by now.
Regardless, I hope everyone makes it through.
Ah but Uncle Joe will save them, feed them, rehouse them and fund them.

Latest posts

Back