Greetings.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kriptic

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

My name is Mark and I'm really just now starting to prep for my family. I'm married with 4 children so its going to take some time but I've already learned a lot from the forums over the last few days.

I live in Texas and my bugout plan is to somehow get to Michigan where my sister and her husband are prepping on about 40 acres that they own.

Should be interesting and I'm sure I'll ask a lot of questions of you all.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

My name is Mark and I'm really just now starting to prep for my family. I'm married with 4 children so its going to take some time but I've already learned a lot from the forums over the last few days.

I live in Texas and my bugout plan is to somehow get to Michigan where my sister and her husband are prepping on about 40 acres that they own.

Should be interesting and I'm sure I'll ask a lot of questions of you all.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

I thought I had it bad. I only need to go 15 miles to get my son from my ex wife when SHTF! Michigan is going to be rough! Sounds like she may be in the UP area since she is sitting on 40 acres!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

They are about 30 miles north of Traverse City. My father is actually in the UP sitting on nearly 100 acres but he's not prepping.

Yeah we are trying to work out different options for making it up there. As simple as making sure I have some extra fuel with me and a siphon hose to as extreme as preplanning the route with small self storage units with extra gas. Going that route would require driving the route and setting all that up, AND more importantly more money then I have to invest right now. Not to mention, all the problems that go with storing up gas like that.

They are about 30 miles north of Traverse City. My father is actually in the UP sitting on nearly 100 acres but he's not prepping.

Yeah we are trying to work out different options for making it up there. As simple as making sure I have some extra fuel with me and a siphon hose to as extreme as preplanning the route with small self storage units with extra gas. Going that route would require driving the route and setting all that up, AND more importantly more money then I have to invest right now. Not to mention, all the problems that go with storing up gas like that.
I do five gallon cans and rotate them.

I do five gallon cans and rotate them.

Yeah thats probably something I will do as well. Figure with a siphon hose, I should be able to fill the car and extra gas cans fairly regularly. Will make for an interesting trip should I ever need to make it under those circumstances.

Getting out of the city is going to be a royal pain in the ###. Blocked roads from abandoned vehicles, roving gangs, etc.

Yeah that's the fear. Luckily I live in Katy which is the far west part of Houston. I shouldn't have to contend with much of that.

Hello. Kriptic I think we are only a few miles apart . So it's not such a big world after all.
I'm still learning to navigate this board. But thought I'd say hi from Fulshear

Hello. Kriptic I think we are only a few miles apart . So it's not such a big world after all.
I'm still learning to navigate this board. But thought I'd say hi from Fulshear
Hello. Yeah your just around the corner from me. Nice to see so many folks close by.

Latest posts

Back