Greetings

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Bob

God Like
Reaction score
First time to the site.
I've removed my introduction of Opsec concerns. I've been preparing for several years and those that are on the site, know that I will help my friends and am honest in my approach to this site.

Last edited:
howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

Every man need a rock,someone who is there when you need it the most,someone who can spot the trouble in you before you can say it aloud

First time to the site.

I've been doing the real prep work for about ten years. I am a recruiter and organizer for our local prep and BO team. The team consists of five active members and two associate members. Two of the five active members are geographically separated, but are active preppers. Four of us have military backgrounds and one is a full time law enforcement official.

As for me, I learned much of my skills from my father and my uncle, who both served in Korea and Vietnam, both as riflemen and then in other special jobs. I hail from New York, but make Texas my new home. Spent 20+ years in the military, tragically injured in my primary specialty code, I was medically boarded out of my primary field and into the medical field because of my knowledge of field and trauma medicine. I spent much of my time deployed and have two other AF specialty skills. I have three undergraduate degrees in the field of Biology, Asian Studies and History and two graduate degrees in the field of Public Health and Political Science. My primary focus is in Public Health was bioterrorism in a field of virology identification/response. I am well versed in NBC Conops and have been involved in developing many tech orders and procedures in the field of patient decontamination. I have been involved in several epidemiological outbreak investigations and at one time was offered the position of Director of Public Health and Bioterrorism response for a major metropolitan city. I have worked clinical nursing and I spent three years with the American Red Cross (responding as a lead agent into New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina because of my military skillsets and ability to work with emergency and military responders). As for additional military skills, I spent a majority of my military career also with Army and Marine units both in garrison and deployed to some interesting hotspots. I will not discuss those in an open forum, out of respect to my associates (some who are still active military), family and those that have fallen.

As for prep's, contact me for any ideas or comments. I am not an expert at anything, a little lesson my dad taught me, "eyes open, ears up and mouth shut". I will be happy to help where I can and if not will sure be able to find out something to direct you to the right area.

Lastly, my family is my rock. This is the one area strictly off-limits for conversation. I respect my wife immensely, since she is entirely responsible for my success in life. She is the rock and is my hero. Sorry, don't want to get to sappy, but unlike some wives who could not bare the stress of military deployments...she plugged along without me and raised some great children.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Clyde,

Thank you for creating this site.

I enjoy that everyone for the most part respects each other opinsions, other than when I was duped into writing a reply. JimLE has been a true friend and confidant. Typical of Texas hospitality and down to earth honesty that I have grown to love since moving to Texas in 2001.

Anyway, thanks for the great site. I really have found some useful information and have met

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back