Greetings to all.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shercop

Reaction score
Hi There. Not new to prepping, but new to the forum and excited to be here. Located in SE Louisiana smack dab between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Retired from 30.5 years in Law Enforcement. Every day should be a learning experience and I hope to learn something from everyone here. Would love to connect with other like minded individuals, especially in the area of Louisiana.

Thanks so much LissyPrepper. Oof...has to be cold up in New York. I was born and raised in Wyoming and got tired of 9 months of winter, so made the move to warmth and sunshine a few years back.

It's been a harsh winter this year; You get used to it; I lived in Florida for a while and when I came back, it took me 2 full years to get used to the weather. My blood had thinned and I froze the first two winters! I'll keep the cold weather, you can have the huge bugs! haha

Welcome to the forums, knew a few people from Louisiana, great people. Been to New Orleans once pre-Katrina, great food :) Nice to have a LEO on the board and interested in your opinions on what is going on.

Hi There. Not new to prepping, but new to the forum and excited to be here. Located in SE Louisiana smack dab between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Retired from 30.5 years in Law Enforcement. Every day should be a learning experience and I hope to learn something from everyone here. Would love to connect with other like minded individuals, especially in the area of Louisiana.
Good morning and welcome shercop from south La. Im south of Lafayette, so we are only about 75mi. apart. Know the law enforcement part. I worked for APSO and VPSO. There are quite a few preppers from down here. We will be trying to get a meet together somewhere around Lafayette, Baton Rouge or even New Orleans in the very near future. Hope you can come. It will be great to share prepping ideas from other preppers down here. I haven't been down Airline in a few yrs, do they still have all the flea markets they used to have along there? The guys on this site are really helpful. There are a few that have law enforcement experience like us. If you have anything you want to know about, just ask and someone here will be able to help you. Great bunch of guys here.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

My hubbt retired at the end of last year after about 40 yrs. That was enough He is now a full time rancher/farmer and is enjoying life! Maybe I helped convert him, but he loves animals and took to it like a duck in water. I do most of the gardening and help with the animals. Welcome aboard! This is a great place of people and you can learn a few things.

Welcome to the Forum Shercop, good to see a few retired LEO on here. I hope we get to bounce some ideas off each other, and learn some new things. I am in NJ myself, only been to New Orleans once in 2000. Enjoy and I hope we can learn a bunch from each other. The food down your way is great though!

Welcome from Washington parish , like your profile pic. Got a couple of my own. Ex-cops are so realistic.

Welcome from Washington parish , like your profile pic. Got a couple of my own. Ex-cops are so realistic.
Things were alot different yrs. ago. Law Enforcement was real Law Enforcement. We had to be in shape. Alot of the guys in Law Enforcement nowdays are such Wosses. I wouldn't count on them to protect my family or myself.

I take offense to that MasterCajun 2 of my best friends are NJ State Troopers and they are in great shape! We used to work out together and spar when I wasn't broken like now from the war. I agree with you in some ways though. I have seen some small town police officers that are quite how shall we say it fat! But you know what they say it takes an average of 5 minutes or longer for police to respond to a 911 call and 30 seconds to 1 minute for a home invader to break down your door or break in through a window. Hence the need for the 2nd Amendment! So arm yourselves and protect your families. It's your job to protect yourself and your family members, you can't rely on other people to do it for you. By the only kidding on the take offense as I hope you would know.

I take offense to that MasterCajun 2 of my best friends are NJ State Troopers and they are in great shape! We used to work out together and spar when I wasn't broken like now from the war. I agree with you in some ways though. I have seen some small town police officers that are quite how shall we say it fat! But you know what they say it takes an average of 5 minutes or longer for police to respond to a 911 call and 30 seconds to 1 minute for a home invader to break down your door or break in through a window. Hence the need for the 2nd Amendment! So arm yourselves and protect your families. It's your job to protect yourself and your family members, you can't rely on other people to do it for you. By the only kidding on the take offense as I hope you would know.
Army127; you are right that some of the LEO are sitll in shape. Some of my friends that are still in LE and I still workout together. 2 with the state and 2 that are with the SO. They even complain about other's that are not in any shape to be in LE. They don't want these other officers to back them up even if they need backup. They would rather face what ever the call is by themselves than have to worry about themselves and the other out of shape officer. One of the SO guys said " by the time Joe (the other officer) got his fat ### out of the unit, I had the suspect down and cuffed". This was on a call just a week ago. And yea, city PDs are even worst. They don't pay enough to get good officers that are really dedicated. Also responce time is so long that by the time the officer gets to you, the crime is most of the time done and the perp is gone. So like you and I (and many others on this forum) have said " YOU are the one that has to be ready to protect you and your family". We can't depend on LE are anyone else for that matter to protect our family. Army127, tell your 2 buddies Bravo for staying in shape. At least they have the physical ability to protect themselves and the victum if need be.

Thank you Sir. Glad to be here.
Good morning and welcome shercop from south La. Im south of Lafayette, so we are only about 75mi. apart. Know the law enforcement part. I worked for APSO and VPSO. There are quite a few preppers from down here. We will be trying to get a meet together somewhere around Lafayette, Baton Rouge or even New Orleans in the very near future. Hope you can come. It will be great to share prepping ideas from other preppers down here. I haven't been down Airline in a few yrs, do they still have all the flea markets they used to have along there? The guys on this site are really helpful. There are a few that have law enforcement experience like us. If you have anything you want to know about, just ask and someone here will be able to help you. Great bunch of guys here.
A get-together with like-minded individuals would be great and I will do my best to be there. There is one big flea market on Airline between Gonzales and Prairieville but that is about it.

Thank you Sir. Glad to be here.

A get-together with like-minded individuals would be great and I will do my best to be there. There is one big flea market on Airline between Gonzales and Prairieville but that is about it.
There are a few of us that are talking to other preppers from down here to see about getting a meet together. We will try to find a centeral location. Ck your inbox. Is the flea market open every weekend?

Latest posts

Back