Greetings from the suburbs of the National Capital region of the US

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParryG

Reaction score
Hello!

I've been lurking here recently and decided to become a member. My doomsday prepping started late last year but I must admit, during much of this time, it has mostly been about learning and gathering thoughts.

With all that is happening globally, it has me thinking that there are multiple threats which forces me to think about the possible doomsday scenarios and how to best prepare myself and loved ones.

My first concern is how to survive a situation where certain things are disrupted or changed. These include (but not limited to) the following:

Power outage
Water supply disruption
Food supply disruption
Inflation
Civil Unrest
Pandemic
Weather related emergencies

Looking to learn and contribute here and within this community.

Welcome from the Georgia Mountains! Hope you are ready to move fast because our dear leader is making sure we have a coming food shortage…in addition to record breaking inflation.

For everything you have listed what you need does not change.

TO SURVIVE ANY OF THE ABOVE

*. A secure home
* Weapons, ammo and the ability to use them
* Potable Water - enough for minimum of 1 gallon per person a day
* Stored Food and the ability to cook it
* Medications that are necessary for life…as well as Antibiotics, Pain Meds, Bandages, Iodine etc.

I must admit, during much of this time, it has mostly been about learning and gathering thoughts.

You are coming at it from the right direction, I believe. Prepping is as much about your frame of mind and what is between your ears as it is about any "stuff" you gather. Again, welcome!

Water, Food, Fire and Shelter in that order is what you need to focus on. Little by little you can build this up, but inflation is a big concern right now. I would get as much as you can, affordably, as you can. You are entering late in the game, but I would never go into debt trying to buy items. I know I have seen some who say that the banks wouldn't be able to go after, but I would not count on that Buy seeds to start a garden. Some farm stores sell these in bulk at a much cheaper price than the packets you see in the stores.

Welcome! South of the Capital here. Another scenario to really consider in this area is nuclear. We’re surrounded by nuclear targets here, between DC and all the bases around us. Be prepped to seal off and hunker down for a few weeks if possible.

Welcome! South of the Capital here. Another scenario to really consider in this area is nuclear. We’re surrounded by nuclear targets here, between DC and all the bases around us. Be prepped to seal off and hunker down for a few weeks if possible.
Yes, it is scary living here. We constantly had bomb shelter drills when I was a kid during elementary school decades ago.

I've been to DC on business before. Couldn't imagine living anywhere around that area.
Welcome to the forum.
DC is a scary place. There are lots of pan handlers, druggies, and homeless who have become more and more aggressive over the past 5-10 years.

Latest posts

Back