Greetings from the Heartland (Ohio)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melissa7

Reaction score
Hello...I'm a 50-year-old mom to two adult children and a proud grandma of five. All of the grandkids live with their parents except for one. My oldest granddaughter (11) lives with me. I gained custody of her when her mom was doing drugs and made some mistakes.

I started researching prepping and possible disasters about two years ago and have become progressively obsessed ever since.

I'm not well-prepared yet (new prepper), but I'm determined to make the best attempt at survival for myself and my g-daughter should the SHTF. She is a very headstrong & stubborn girl, and has already stated that she wants to stay with me (even over her dad) should things go south.

So it's just the two of us, and I'm going to do my best to take care of my girl. We will either survive together or die together. I choose to survive!

I joined this forum to find like-minded people to talk to, and get advice and encouragement from. I know most of you are men, but trust me, I'm not looking for a mate! Just some guidance from more experienced preppers, who enjoy helping others.

While I can't do it right now, my dream is to own a small home with a basement, on about an acre of land. I would like to eventually be off-grid completely, but I know myself, and I like my comforts. But having a self-sustaining homestead is my goal, and I want to teach my g-daughter how to do it too.

Also, I'm in the process of starting a new blog that will occasionally have posts about prepping, and of course links to reputable survival sites. But it will mostly be me ranting and raving about all of the things I hate in our modern culture. I'm using my 1st Amendment Right to Freedom of Speech...just like every other opinionated blogger in the cyber world! As soon as I open it publicly, I will post the link on my profile.

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to meeting everyone and gaining lots of knowledge! :)

Hello...I'm a 50-year-old mom to two adult children and a proud grandma of five. All of the grandkids live with their parents except for one. My oldest granddaughter (11) lives with me. I gained custody of her when her mom was doing drugs and made some mistakes.

I started researching prepping and possible disasters about two years ago and have become progressively obsessed ever since.

I'm not well-prepared yet (new prepper), but I'm determined to make the best attempt at survival for myself and my g-daughter should the SHTF. She is a very headstrong & stubborn girl, and has already stated that she wants to stay with me (even over her dad) should things go south.

So it's just the two of us, and I'm going to do my best to take care of my girl. We will either survive together or die together. I choose to survive!

I joined this forum to find like-minded people to talk to, and get advice and encouragement from. I know most of you are men, but trust me, I'm not looking for a mate! Just some guidance from more experienced preppers, who enjoy helping others.

While I can't do it right now, my dream is to own a small home with a basement, on about an acre of land. I would like to eventually be off-grid completely, but I know myself, and I like my comforts. But having a self-sustaining homestead is my goal, and I want to teach my g-daughter how to do it too.

Also, I'm in the process of starting a new blog that will occasionally have posts about prepping, and of course links to reputable survival sites. But it will mostly be me ranting and raving about all of the things I hate in our modern culture. I'm using my 1st Amendment Right to Freedom of Speech...just like every other opinionated blogger in the cyber world! As soon as I open it publicly, I will post the link on my profile.

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to meeting everyone and gaining lots of knowledge! :)
Welcome. Like you, we all got started somewhere, and there are people here in all varying stages of learning and preparing. There are loads of topics with great insight here if you did thru the old postings, and if you don't find what your looking for just ask. I prep as much for health benefits as I do to get me thru tough times. At least when you grow your own food then you know what went into it.

howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

as brent said.there's quiet a few good topic's here.use search to help you find what your looking for.or just ask,in which im sure someone can and will help out..

Welcome from Finland to DPF,we all start from zero I think,but I'll think you'll enjoy this forum.

Latest posts

Back