Greetings from Indiana

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Parahunter

Banned
Reaction score
How-D!

I'm a simple guy from north-central Indiana, new to prepping and with an insatiable desire to learn. I do have a family, am college educated, and work in corporate America. I enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and biking, and workout to keep in shape. In my early 40's, I'm finding it smooth-going in staying in a modicum of physical condition, still.

As far as prepping for, I'm not looking to prep for the end of the world or anything nearly as dramatic as that. I'm far more interested in prepping due to some extreme weather we get here in Indiana sometimes...blizzards, ice storms, tornados, etc. I'm also interested in learning prepping skills to use during casual camping or biking trips, but more importantly I'm looking into acquiring survivalist skills in the event I find myself up sh*t creek on one of those camping or biking trips. I have an innate concern in getting lost in the woods, and want the confidence, skillset, and equipment to deal with such a situation.

I hope to learn quite a bit from this forum in regards to prepping and money-saving techniques, from primitive to advanced in nature. Hit me up in a message if your local to Indiana and want to share some ideas!

Peace.

Welcome to the forum Parahunter. Please feel free to go through the threads here and jump into the conversation.

Welcome aboard ! Your concerns about being up the creek are valid, I have come across a lot of hikers in serious trouble because of poor planning and lack of gear or no gear. 1) water / food / cloths / fire kit. 2) shelter. 3) map compass & learn how to use it. 4) let someone know your trip and route. The list goes on and on but there are the basics. Have any ? feel free to ask, there is a huge wealth of knowledge here and the members are here to help.

welcome aboard Parahunter..what anorak and colt said...things i learned when it comes to hikeing and bikeing.what colt said.pluse rivers flow down stream,and follow one when lost on acount it'll eventully lead you some where for help if needed

Welcome parahunter... I'm out of shape, not educated, not very hip on doing anything about any of it, hate office work, I think Bobby Knight sucks. Don't know much about Indiana. BUT.....I liked your intro. You let everyone know a lot about you so its easy to understand what your goals are when you ask a question.
Great job. Look forward to your posts.

How-D!

I'm a simple guy from north-central Indiana, new to prepping and with an insatiable desire to learn. I do have a family, am college educated, and work in corporate America. I enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, and biking, and workout to keep in shape. In my early 40's, I'm finding it smooth-going in staying in a modicum of physical condition, still.

As far as prepping for, I'm not looking to prep for the end of the world or anything nearly as dramatic as that. I'm far more interested in prepping due to some extreme weather we get here in Indiana sometimes...blizzards, ice storms, tornados, etc. I'm also interested in learning prepping skills to use during casual camping or biking trips, but more importantly I'm looking into acquiring survivalist skills in the event I find myself up sh*t creek on one of those camping or biking trips. I have an innate concern in getting lost in the woods, and want the confidence, skillset, and equipment to deal with such a situation.

I hope to learn quite a bit from this forum in regards to prepping and money-saving techniques, from primitive to advanced in nature. Hit me up in a message if your local to Indiana and want to share some ideas!

Peace.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back