Greetings from Europe

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaelin

Reaction score
Hi.

I have been prepping for about 3 years now. I live in The Netherlands and due to the strict gun laws we unfortunately have prepping is a bit of a challenge. Especially as I have chosen to prep for a bug-in there's the issue of how to protect myself and my preps. I do not have much family and I live alone. So in an shtf situation that would be a little advantage, not having to worry about loved ones. I have a good friend living nearby that will join me in the bug-in if need be.
I have food for about 18 months and 200 litres of drinking water. Naturally, living where I do we get lots of rain and there are some ponds and streams nearby that I can use to add to the water supply using my sawyer water filters, purification tablets and other means of purifying.

Weapons wise there's not much to tell. I have a katana that hangs on my wall because I think it looks beautiful. It is however a legit weapon, made in Sweden in the same way the Japanese katana's are made. It's legal to own and keep on your wall here, as long as you don't go outside and swing it around :)
I have a few other useful items and tools but I don't want to draw too much attention to myself since I essentially live in a police state so I'll leave those to your imagination.

I'm a member of a Dutch Prepping forum as well and am pretty active on there. However, although it is legal to discuss weapons of all sorts in this country even though we're not allowed to own them the administrators of the forum have decided they don't want to 'hurt the image of preppers over here' and have therefore banned any and all discussion on weapons and self defense. Naturally this is one of the most important aspects of prepping so I figured I could get information and ask questions about those area's that are missing there here.

I have yet to read all the rules on this forum and I like to look around to see what's what first for a while so this introduction will probably be followed by a period of silence (unless someone wants to chat me up :) ) while I go about reading and lurking.

Well, that's about it. If you want to know more about me feel free to ask.

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed..

there's quite a few people here that knows weapons..and there are topics about them..so feel free to read them and ask any questions you have on them

Welcome . Look into archery as some do . Maby one day European laws will change when the Big Government learns that a well armed citizenry is a asset . Hollywood paints a bad picture of firearm ownership its not like in the movies . Russia would think twice about marching across a well armed Europe , I dont think they could .

welcome to DPF from a fellow prepper from Finland, don't know what your gun laws are and how strict but they are strict here also,one way of getting guns here are;get a hunting lisence and then a you can buy a gun

Welcome to the forum! I am afraid that the US will adopt the banning of weapons one day soon unfortunately which makes no sense to me because the 'criminals' will still have them but the innocent people who want to protect themselves can't. . . .police can not be everywhere 24/7. Anyway, most item can be used so look into alternatives. Hammers, screwdrivers, icepicks, scissors, the list goes on and as Psalms said, bows and arrows are a good choice and quite too.

Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome. Unfortunately I don't see our country or any in Europe for that matter relaxing gun laws in the future. Quite the opposite. At this point even airguns who don't look ricidulously fake or are very obvious (and very; expensive) sport versions are banned. The thing that ticks me off about it is we're supposed to be 'one Europe'. But I can buy a bb gun in Germany that could land me in jail for 4 years in my own country. One border away. When they want money from us. Co2 tax or some other Euro Bull**** then we have a 'one Europe'. When I want something for myself I suddenly live in The Netherlands again -.- I have contemplated moving to one of the countries around that have more relaxed laws. Or even to the US. My English is fine (will make the occasional mistake here and there, it's my second language after all), I'm not oneducated so... But we'll see. In the mean time, yes, I have been looking into crossbows. But I know little about them so I have to educate myself a little before I decide which is right for my situation. I have a number or air-rifles. Those atleast, are still allowed as long as they don't resemble an AK or AR. They're simple breakbarrel rifles but I have become pretty good with them. Get pretty good grouping with a Weihraugh I have at 50 meters. (54 yards and change). And that's on one of those tiny cards so I'm pretty confident I could take a rabbit or squirrel with it at some distance if need be. I'm a little less adapt at shooting handguns. I have shot a competition .117 handgun with some success but the thing is pretty expensive to maintain. And I have had a chance to spend a day with a cp99 compact co2 bb gun. It has blowback action and the handling is very close to say a P22 type deal. Didn't do too badly but if I would ever trust my life to an actual handgun I would need much much more practice, just in safety alone. Otherwise me having it would pose a greater danger to me and people around me than not having one.

Goedemorgen from germany. I live about an hour and a half away from the netherlands border and spent a lot of summers sailing the ijsselmeer and northern sea. I love your country and the folks there.
I agree on the strict laws and the ridiculous high amount of controll our governments have about us europeans.
Thats why im packing up my family and move to the states in four months.
Let me tell you right away its not as easy as just moving there. Getting visas and permissions took me about a year and 3000$. Eventhough im married to an american citizen and am the father of one.
So if you really wanna move, start the process early and be patient.
Feel free to shoot me a pm if u have further questions.
Marv

Just saying, I think I would like to join in a few years. But instead of taking to the hills, how about going to an island in the Caribbeans? We could hire a boat for a few hundred bucks and find an island that is deserted. Bring females of course.

Hi.

I have been prepping for about 3 years now. I live in The Netherlands and due to the strict gun laws we unfortunately have prepping is a bit of a challenge. Especially as I have chosen to prep for a bug-in there's the issue of how to protect myself and my preps. I do not have much family and I live alone. ... Weapons wise there's not much to tell. I have a katana that hangs on my wall because I think it looks beautiful. It is however a legit weapon, made in Sweden in the same way the Japanese katana's are made. It's legal to own and keep on your wall here, as long as you don't go outside and swing it around :)... I have a few other useful items and tools but I don't want to draw too much attention to myself since I essentially live in a police state so I'll leave those to your imagination.... I'm a member of a Dutch Prepping forum as well and am pretty active on there. However, although it is legal to discuss weapons of all sorts in this country even though we're not allowed to own them the administrators of the forum have decided they don't want to 'hurt the image of preppers over here' and have therefore banned any and all discussion on weapons and self defense. Naturally this is one of the most important aspects of prepping so I figured I could get information and ask questions about those area's that are missing there here.... I have yet to read all the rules on this forum and I like to look around to see what's what first for a while so this introduction will probably be followed by a period of silence (unless someone wants to chat me up :) ) while I go about reading and lurking.....
Man, that's shame. I don't know what's worse, not being able to have much in the way of weapons, or having a forum that doesn't even allow people to talk about it. I would think that being able to talk about it, you could even help organize a political push to help get them re-legalized. How many people are sitting there thinking that they don't like the way things are in terms of weapons right now, but their voices are being suppressed?!

Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome... The thing that ticks me off about it is we're supposed to be 'one Europe'. But I can buy a bb gun in Germany that could land me in jail for 4 years in my own country. One border away. When they want money from us. Co2 tax or some other Euro Bull**** then we have a 'one Europe'. When I want something for myself I suddenly live in The Netherlands again -.- I have contemplated moving to one of the countries around that have more relaxed laws. Or even to the US. My English is fine (will make the occasional mistake here and there, it's my second language after all), I'm not oneducated so... But we'll see..... I have shot a competition .117 handgun with some success but the thing is pretty expensive to maintain. And I have had a chance to spend a day with a cp99 compact co2 bb gun. It has blowback action and the handling is very close to say a P22 type deal. Didn't do too badly but if I would ever trust my life to an actual handgun I would need much much more practice, just in safety alone. Otherwise me having it would pose a greater danger to me and people around me than not having one.

C'mon, man! We always have room for another prepper in the States! We don't trip out about people not having perfect English, either. Trust me on that. We have managers in restaurants that speak spanish and no english at all!

You'd be just fine here. .177 airgun aren't all that hot for hunting, but if you can get your hands on a .22 pellet gun, that's a good place to start. I remember there being a discussion on here and on an airgun forum about someone who couldn't afford ammo overseas, so it was bought here and shipped there. It wasn't illegal, just ridiculously expensive.

Safety-wise, we have courses here all the time! I am a Firearms Instructor, and I know we have at least a couple more on this forum. If you make it to the
States, getting you on the ball with firearms training wouldn't be very difficult at all.

Thanks for joining and I hope you find some useful discussions. Gather all the info you need, but I hope you think about sticking around.

Man, that's shame. I don't know what's worse, not being able to have much in the way of weapons, or having a forum that doesn't even allow people to talk about it. I would think that being able to talk about it, you could even help organize a political push to help get them re-legalized. How many people are sitting there thinking that they don't like the way things are in terms of weapons right now, but their voices are being suppressed?!

C'mon, man! We always have room for another prepper in the States! We don't trip out about people not having perfect English, either. Trust me on that. We have managers in restaurants that speak spanish and no english at all!

You'd be just fine here. .177 airgun aren't all that hot for hunting, but if you can get your hands on a .22 pellet gun, that's a good place to start. I remember there being a discussion on here and on an airgun forum about someone who couldn't afford ammo overseas, so it was bought here and shipped there. It wasn't illegal, just ridiculously expensive.

Safety-wise, we have courses here all the time! I am a Firearms Instructor, and I know we have at least a couple more on this forum. If you make it to the
States, getting you on the ball with firearms training wouldn't be very difficult at all.

Thanks for joining and I hope you find some useful discussions. Gather all the info you need, but I hope you think about sticking around.

Thank you! I do have a few .22 pellet guns. A old diana and a Weihraugh HW50. Planning on getting the Hatsan Sniper 125 in .25 cal. My .177 is a gamo hunter 1250 so what it lacks in caliber it gains in muzzle velocity and the weight of the pellet (I can't shoot normal pellets because the force of the shot forces them to deform and it won't shoot straight) I have heavier, longer pellets for that one.

There is some stuff I have seen on for instance pyramidair which is perfectly legal here but almost impossible to get. And pyramidair doesn't ship here. So maybe in time when I'm a little more established on the forum and have a little more budget again in about a year or so something can be worked out. I have done something similar years ago with a penpal from the US I had.

I'm reading more and more here and I'll definitely stick around :)

I wanted to edit my last post but couldn't find an edit button. Is there a rule on double posting on this forum?

Anyway, I just wanted to say I feel more at home here then on the forum in my own country. I'm going to look for friends nearby, I.E. fellow preppers in Europe, who can maybe help me get some stuff I need that is cheaper in the country they live in. Naturally I am looking to help people in reverse. If something is more readily available here then in say Germany or Belgium I'd be more than willing to send it over.

The forum I'm a part of in The Netherlands is currently suffering from a staff shortage. Resulting in trolling, topics going hopelessly off topic and so on. I don't see that happening here anytime soon from what I have seen so far. Much more organized. I have about 30 GB of prepping documents on online storage (Mega) I can share so when I have some more budget I'll get the donation going to get access to that part of the forum and I'll share what I have there. Wonder what I'll find in return :D
Or, if it's allowed to share them without having access to the library part I'll do it somewhere else. You might all have the stuff already but I don't know what's in there so... :p

If only I had the money to move to the US, but that's not in the cards for now :(. Then again, we all do what we can and I do feel like I can contribute something here even though I live in a country that's pretty much populated by programmed sheep.

No real rule on double posting. If it's necessary, we Mods can delete the post or thread. There should be an "Edit" button just below your posts on the left side.

I'm glad you're sticking around and I'm sure you'll not regret subscribing to DPF. Unrestricted access is a wonderful thing! :cool:

I understand not being able to afford moving, and who knows.... You may not want to! Sometimes I suffer from "Grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. We too are full of pre-programmed sheep. Heck, we voted Obama in twice! Regardless, I think you have a solid idea with wanting to work out logistics and trading with others. You can build some solid partnerships like that.

Hi.

I have been prepping for about 3 years now. I live in The Netherlands and due to the strict gun laws we unfortunately have prepping is a bit of a challenge. Especially as I have chosen to prep for a bug-in there's the issue of how to protect myself and my preps. I do not have much family and I live alone. So in an shtf situation that would be a little advantage, not having to worry about loved ones. I have a good friend living nearby that will join me in the bug-in if need be.
I have food for about 18 months and 200 litres of drinking water. Naturally, living where I do we get lots of rain and there are some ponds and streams nearby that I can use to add to the water supply using my sawyer water filters, purification tablets and other means of purifying.

Weapons wise there's not much to tell. I have a katana that hangs on my wall because I think it looks beautiful. It is however a legit weapon, made in Sweden in the same way the Japanese katana's are made. It's legal to own and keep on your wall here, as long as you don't go outside and swing it around :)
I have a few other useful items and tools but I don't want to draw too much attention to myself since I essentially live in a police state so I'll leave those to your imagination.

I'm a member of a Dutch Prepping forum as well and am pretty active on there. However, although it is legal to discuss weapons of all sorts in this country even though we're not allowed to own them the administrators of the forum have decided they don't want to 'hurt the image of preppers over here' and have therefore banned any and all discussion on weapons and self defense. Naturally this is one of the most important aspects of prepping so I figured I could get information and ask questions about those area's that are missing there here.

I have yet to read all the rules on this forum and I like to look around to see what's what first for a while so this introduction will probably be followed by a period of silence (unless someone wants to chat me up :) ) while I go about reading and lurking.

Well, that's about it. If you want to know more about me feel free to ask.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back