Greetings from a sunny island!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LePhantom

Reaction score
Hi! Alan here! I come from a tiny island nation call Singapore from South-East Asia. I've been interested in actual hands-on prepping ever since watching the Nat Geo program Doomsday Prepper. To be frank, this mindset of prepping has been in me ever since the 2003 Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) outbreak in my part of the world. As a highly urbanized and densely populated area the risk of infection was real. The danger and fear that gripped us then is something I cannot forget. Since then, I had drew up various plans and list of supplies that are necessary to last me and my family through a few months in isolation should a similar pandemic and subsequent social unrest occurred. I believe prepping is a healthy hobby... sure, what we prepare for might not happen, but it's always better to be ready when it does! :)

Just an introduction of myself. I am in my mid-20s and currently a civil servant in my country's utilities board and had received education in business informatics and system engineering. As my country practices conscription, I previously served 2 years of active service as an infantry section commander and am currently serving as a battalion quartermaster sergeant in the reserves. I also had some training in wood and metalworking back in secondary school. I'm also currently in search of training providers in my areas in the fields of electrical and automotive engineering to prepare myself better. Shelter, medical and food/water supplies wise, I'm actually moving to a new house next year, so I thought it would be a good time to prepare and stock-up when I move over then.

Hope we can share our expertise and experiences together and may the day we prepare never comes! :)

thanks for joining, slow tonight. ask any questions you may have, good people here to help. help anyone you can with your experience.

Hi! Alan here! I come from a tiny island nation call Singapore from South-East Asia. I've been interested in actual hands-on prepping ever since watching the Nat Geo program Doomsday Prepper. To be frank, this mindset of prepping has been in me ever since the 2003 Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) outbreak in my part of the world. As a highly urbanized and densely populated area the risk of infection was real. The danger and fear that gripped us then is something I cannot forget. Since then, I had drew up various plans and list of supplies that are necessary to last me and my family through a few months in isolation should a similar pandemic and subsequent social unrest occurred. I believe prepping is a healthy hobby... sure, what we prepare for might not happen, but it's always better to be ready when it does! :)

Just an introduction of myself. I am in my mid-20s and currently a civil servant in my country's utilities board and had received education in business informatics and system engineering. As my country practices conscription, I previously served 2 years of active service as an infantry section commander and am currently serving as a battalion quartermaster sergeant in the reserves. I also had some training in wood and metalworking back in secondary school. I'm also currently in search of training providers in my areas in the fields of electrical and automotive engineering to prepare myself better. Shelter, medical and food/water supplies wise, I'm actually moving to a new house next year, so I thought it would be a good time to prepare and stock-up when I move over then.

Hope we can share our expertise and experiences together and may the day we prepare never comes! :)
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

I can only imagine the fear of the possible devastation that can be caused by unknown disease.
Glad you came through it ok!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back