Greetings from a Cape Town n00b :)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatLadyCT

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I can't believe that there are fellow-preppers here in SA! (although, to think about it, I dunno why I'm surprised, considering everything about our country)
Started exploring prepping a few months ago with my bff/adopted brother who lives in George and we've got some plans but nothing concrete yet as we are both deep in the financial doldrums.

Regards,
CatLady

howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here they'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Thanks jimLE! I visited TX quite a bit when I was in the USA for three years! :)
Despite my ex-spouse being from there, I still have some fond memories of your state lol.

howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here they'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

guess we didn't meet up seeing how you still have fond memories..LOL..and no i aint your
EX.. LMAO

guess we didn't meet up seeing how you still have fond memories..LOL..and no i aint your
EX.. LMAO
Bwahahahaaa!!! Nope, pretty sure we didn't meet up and you're definitely not my ex; none of the natives I met had any interest of prepping (AFAIK).
You would think I would've learned by now - Fell for a Texas Rose and got my heart broken, now I'm two-years in a relationship with a west-coast mad-scientist lol.

Ma'am I think in the last five years I have had contact with at least 30 Rhodesian, Africkaans, Boers and White South Africans who are preppers, I believe there is at least 4 on this lil ole forum.

Many are organised like the Southlanders, others have managed to get friends and family living in the UK and Holland to set up logistical and other support preps for Afrikaners in need.

Then there are those with the funds to move into secure gated communities or that all white township you have down there.

Hi everyone!

I can't believe that there are fellow-preppers here in SA! (although, to think about it, I dunno why I'm surprised, considering everything about our country)
Started exploring prepping a few months ago with my bff/adopted brother who lives in George and we've got some plans but nothing concrete yet as we are both deep in the financial doldrums.

Regards,
CatLady

what he said about other SA folks being here..and they'll show them shelf's once they see that your here.

Jim we have to watch the Afrikaners they are like Aussies but without the modesty :) and they think they can play cricket as well the fools :)

Hahaha yeah cricket can be dicey but not the rugby!!! :p
@NorthernRaider - glad to hear it, and please don't call me Ma'am - that's my mother!! I'm the hellraiser in our family lol.

yup.we sure nough got us a county girl here.. :) LOL

Should I be imagining Dolly Parton or Daisy Hazard?

Don't spose my dream girls are Country Gals ? Winona Ryder and Kaki Hunter?? Sigh.................................................................................

Halo there CatLadyCT Joe SA from Pretoria, been prepping for a few years, i think you will be amazed by how many poeple in SA is prepping.

Hmmm I wonder what was your first clue that I grew up on a farm??? LOL.
Having said that, I must confess to being unable slaughtering animals... not a good thing for a prepper!
@NorthernRaider. Sigh. You're really encouraging me to get my ropes out, aren'tchya? :p

Hi everyone!

Regards,
CatLady
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back