Greeting from backwoods Maine

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BasecampUSA

Reaction score
"Basey" is the name...
- Ex -environmental engineer, engineering designer (retired)
- Been "homesteading" as a "prep" since 1975, 12 acres cropland, 20 acre woodlot, 4 ponds, animals
- Solar underground house, (self built - no mortgage) takes 10 cents a day to heat in winter
- Organic farm +2 greenhouses for crop control during perceptible changes in weather here over the years
- Canning, freezing, dehydrating, smoking, dry-canning nitro-packing for 30 years +
- Strange 'root cellar' with mysterious antennas and radiation probe sticking out
- NRA Expert rank. Grew up in gun shop, father was Chief Gunsmith for Stoegers in the 50's
- Was survival teacher for Outward Bound and Vision Quest in the 70's, retained all skills and attitudes
- Am FEMA and USAF "nuclear incident" trained, was into Civil Defense since the age of 17

Self-built solar house, lumber from own woodlot ($25,000 - no mortgage):
mab8zc.jpg

Greenhouse #1
2qda39s.jpg

"Root cellar"
24pclkl.jpg

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

welcome from here too..far away over the puddle.

Thanks for the welcome...

Y'know, actually I'm a refugee from Survivalist Boards... - gawd, what a monster full of trolls THAT has become !!
As a FEMA/DTRA Rad-Tech, I started a thread there to warn of a possible nuke war escalation and the fact that US civil defense was gone.
They tore me to shreds in absolute denial that it would ever happen, then erased my thread !

Some of you may also know me from SHTF & Cerberus forums, I supported them to get it going, - too bad they sold out.

@jontt : Olen myös Euroopasta - alkuaan Saksa ;)

Great set up , good going . Lots of folks forget thatparts of New England is just screams " The Great Outdoors "

:D , and you have a splendid set up there..you kinda get a little bit jealous looking at it and others..but just a tiny bit ;)

Last edited:
Y'know, actually I'm a refugee from Survivalist Boards... - gawd, what a monster full of trolls THAT has become !!
As a FEMA/DTRA Rad-Tech, I started a thread there to warn of a possible nuke war escalation and the fact that US civil defense was gone.
They tore me to shreds in absolute denial that it would ever happen, then erased my thread !

Some of you may also know me from SHTF & Cerberus forums, I supported them to get it going, - too bad they sold out.

COINTELPRO a program that officially ran from 1956 to 1971 though in reality it never ended, much of the backlash preppers/survivalist/gun owners/tea party and affiliates etc... are facing today just shows COINTELPRO unofficially is live and well, for all tense and purposes the patriot act reactivated COINTELPRO. For those unfamiliar with COINTELPRO, it's the acronym for COunter INTELligence PROgram perpetrated within the borders of the US against US Citizens that heavily involved the FBI back in the day so, has it truly ended? ;)

Nuclear war is a possibility, I don't think most people really grasp how close we was in 1962 and 1983 today we are not at the threshold of the past but with a nut (not stupid) in the kremlin the uncertainty building that threshold is creeping up on us, unfortunately we have a bigger nut in the White House.

Humanity has an old saying 'human nature is uncontainable'

The odd thing is, DHS TELLS US to prep!
I think where some preppers get in trouble is that they"
1) Make statements about killing government personnel
2) Make homemade explosives
3) Call attention to themselves way too much

Me, I just want to be a bit more self-sufficient, and have a good backup plan for when the grid eventually comes down, and all goes to Hell in a hand basket.

The odd thing is, DHS TELLS US to prep!
I think where some preppers get in trouble is that they"
1) Make statements about killing government personnel
2) Make homemade explosives
3) Call attention to themselves way too much

Me, I just want to be a bit more self-sufficient, and have a good backup plan for when the grid eventually comes down, and all goes to Hell in a hand basket.

Big difference being a prepper and being militant unfortunately I see it all too often from wannabee preppers and survivalist totally missing the point of prepping and surviving, these fools just don't understand, the government has more personnel, bigger guns and better toys, going up against that kind of odds is not surviving, it's suicide!

I also see pictures of so called preppers boldly displaying their stash with 70% being firearms and ammo then giving off some anti-government rant, that's not being a prepper apparently they fail to understand the concept to being a prepper and keeping mouth shut. posting pictures of firearm collections talking anti-government will get one on the watch list very fast nor do they understand the meaning of gun collecting though that's fine with me but gun collecting and prepping is different in terms of priority, bragging about it is foolish.

When you get your mind around the big picture We are the Government , we are the Military , We are the Police . Teach your Kids well . Where do you think all thoes official's came from .

"Basey" is the name...
- Ex -environmental engineer, engineering designer (retired)
- Been "homesteading" as a "prep" since 1975, 12 acres cropland, 20 acre woodlot, 4 ponds, animals
- Solar underground house, (self built - no mortgage) takes 10 cents a day to heat in winter
- Organic farm +2 greenhouses for crop control during perceptible changes in weather here over the years
- Canning, freezing, dehydrating, smoking, dry-canning nitro-packing for 30 years +
- Strange 'root cellar' with mysterious antennas and radiation probe sticking out
- NRA Expert rank. Grew up in gun shop, father was Chief Gunsmith for Stoegers in the 50's
- Was survival teacher for Outward Bound and Vision Quest in the 70's, retained all skills and attitudes
- Am FEMA and USAF "nuclear incident" trained, was into Civil Defense since the age of 17

Self-built solar house, lumber from own woodlot ($25,000 - no mortgage):
mab8zc.jpg

Greenhouse #1
2qda39s.jpg

"Root cellar"
24pclkl.jpg
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back