Greatest threat in thousands of years.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, okay if one lives in somewhere like London, out here the roads will kill them.
Meet the Bollinger B2. The first real all electric utility truck, not some urbanite "truck" for driving around town. And be sure to listen to Robert Bollinger explain (video at the bottom) "It was on the farm that I realized I needed a truck I couldn't find, so screw it, let's just make what we need, let's just make what we want"
B2-3-FULL-RES-e1539181676180.jpg

25cc2b98cc9261e796b119f0281d99a3.jpg

bollinger-b1-suv-2-1539206282.jpg

Electric vehicles may have their place in some flat land urban areas. But out in the real world, like where I live, no way will they ever replace the internal combustion engine. Out here a 4 wheel drive vehicle is a necessity, not a status thing. I haven't seen an electric vehicle made yet that would even make it up my road let alone haul a load of hay, equipment or livestock up and down the mountains in this area.
I think electrics should be developed when and if there is real demand for them and not forced.

520 HP
514 lb-ft of torque
5,000 lb payload
7,500 lb towing capacity
On the surface that sounds good except 7,500 lb towing capacity isn't near enough. Is it 4 wheel drive, what kind of range does it have when driving over mountain passes? What's the range for winter driving when the temp is 0 degs?

Yes, I really, really want an electric truck. Do I want or would I pay $75,000 for a 1/2 ton pickup, No and Heck NO. The demand is there, now it is time for them to get real on the price / point cost.

It's a nice truck, it won't do what I need it to do plus the mileage would kill me plus, I doubt it would hold up to pulling a 36' trailer with 35,000lbs plus.

• Energy
  • 120 kWh Battery Pack
  • 200 Mile EPA Range (est)
  • 70.2 MPGe (est)
  • Level 1 and 2 Charging: J1772 Port (110v & 220v)
  • Level 3 Charging: CCS Port (DC Fast)
  • Regenerative Braking
  • 10 hour Level 2 (220v) Charging Time
  • 75 minute Level 3 (DC Fast) Charging Time

It's a nice truck, it won't do what I need it to do plus the mileage would kill me plus, I doubt it would hold up to pulling a 36' trailer with 35,000lbs plus.

• Energy
  • 120 kWh Battery Pack
  • 200 Mile EPA Range (est)
  • 70.2 MPGe (est)
  • Level 1 and 2 Charging: J1772 Port (110v & 220v)
  • Level 3 Charging: CCS Port (DC Fast)
  • Regenerative Braking
  • 10 hour Level 2 (220v) Charging Time
  • 75 minute Level 3 (DC Fast) Charging Time
A 200 mile range wouldn't get me to the airport and back, or even the feed store. Even if there were charging stations in my area, why would anyone sit for 75 minutes when they can fill up with gas or diesel in 5 minutes or less.
Like I said before, I think electric vehicles might have a use in limited areas and for a small segment of the population. For my use I'd have to carry a generator around in the back of this truck just to keep it charged. Not very practical in most areas of the country. Plus it's too light duty for my use.

A 200 mile range wouldn't get me to the airport and back, or even the feed store. Even if there were charging stations in my area, why would anyone sit for 75 minutes when they can fill up with gas or diesel in 5 minutes or less.
Like I said before, I think electric vehicles might have a use in limited areas and for a small segment of the population. For my use I'd have to carry a generator around in the back of this truck just to keep it charged. Not very practical in most areas of the country. Plus it's too light duty for my use.

Ya, it would suck going to Idaho to pick equipment up and have to stop for hours to charge.

my little car is all I need for the moment, can get anything I need in the back, is nippy and small enough for the narrow lanes around here, like I say electric vehicles are no good here as I haven't seen a single charging point anywhere, lots of hills and river valleys too so I don't think an electric car would be heavy duty enough.
post SHTF I don't care as we will all be walking then.

I would like one of the new electric pickups that is coming out next year. 400 mile range on a single charge, 15 minute charge rate to 85 %. The big catch, Starting price is $69,000 and you will only go up from there. Just not price point reality. I will continue to wait until they get real pricing. Since where I live we get 320 days of sunshine, electric would work for me but not at those ridiculous prices.

I didn’t read anything in his speech that called for only rich countries to foot the bill, nor anything that was wrong. I agree that America can’t do anything by itself, but the whole world needs to wake up and begin making changes. Denying that we are changing the planet dosent change the fact that we are.

The mistake is thinking humans can control nature. We can NOT! There were many global warming and cooling before man. We can clean our environment and not allow destruction of trees. But stopping the global natural cycle is impossible! Stop believing mankind has that type of power and you will see things clearly.

Last edited:
My analogy is if a kid pees in a pool, well it will diffuse out and is still ok to swim in. If 10 thousand kids piss in it it’s gonna stink. The atmosphere we breathe is a very thin layer that is close to the ground. Mankind has tens of thousands of smokestacks that are pumping out smoke and chemicals into it 24/7. We also have cars all over the planet, running 24/7. How can anyone think this isn’t going to affect us?

My analogy is if a kid pees in a pool, well it will diffuse out and is still ok to swim in. If 10 thousand kids piss in it it’s gonna stink. The atmosphere we breathe is a very thin layer that is close to the ground. Mankind has tens of thousands of smokestacks that are pumping out smoke and chemicals into it 24/7. We also have cars all over the planet, running 24/7. How can anyone think this isn’t going to affect us?
exactly!!

we can stop adding to it.

Adding to what exactly? The warming? The natural cycles of the universe? How?? Warming IS NOT caused by humans. Co2 was a lot higher before humans! And guess what happened after? Global freezing. History proves those saying WE can control the warming of our planet wrong!

Latest posts

Back