Great Resource (and idea) - Hidden Garden

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazrok

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
http://www.secretgardenofsurvival.com/

I came upon this in the Newsweek special Off The Grid issue, and it is a really cool idea. Grow more food in less space, and to the untrained eye, just looks like an overgrown area. I'm definitely considering doing this idea along my fence line (along with planting obstacle plants) to kind of hide us as well as provide food.

What a great idea!

http://www.secretgardenofsurvival.com/

I came upon this in the Newsweek special Off The Grid issue, and it is a really cool idea. Grow more food in less space, and to the untrained eye, just looks like an overgrown area. I'm definitely considering doing this idea along my fence line (along with planting obstacle plants) to kind of hide us as well as provide food.

What a great idea!
The show 'doomsday castle' showed some tips on growing food without it being oblivious. It's a great idea, and I honestly never even thought of it before that. No doubt, if you have a visible garden and people are hungry, you'll need a guard 24/7. People who don't prep are the ones most likely to be a threat come shtf.

Yeah, same guy's ideas (on the castle show). I've looked through an e version of the book, and definitely I'm going to order the actual book.

Luckily, where I'll be putting the row garden, is pretty much hidden from any vantage point. However, the idea of having food growing out in the open, without it being apparent, is pretty neat.

Yeah, same guy's ideas (on the castle show). I've looked through an e version of the book, and definitely I'm going to order the actual book.

Luckily, where I'll be putting the row garden, is pretty much hidden from any vantage point. However, the idea of having food growing out in the open, without it being apparent, is pretty neat.
I had been mowing down the black and rasbery bushes that were growing wild, but now im trying to get the thorny buggers to grow along the front fence. Great for both food and security. I actually planted some thornless rasberries, but almost regret it now. I love the idea of growing food, but a dual purpose plant is even better.

Over here we have a concept called Guerrilla gardening where folks use abandoned urban spaces for food production and one offshoot they learned to protect crops from theft was to mix crops and randomly plant them so they look just like natural plant growth and spread ( no straight lines) or to hide clusters of edible plants in the middle of wild non edible plants.

One guy who was a volunteer on a heritage railway planted potato's, carrots, onions etc along the embankment of the rail line he volunteered on they grew mixed in with natural foliage and no one realised they were there.

Exactly. Pretty nice idea for a SHTF garden that doesn't scream "Hey, we have food here!"

Latest posts

Back