Great North Blades

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I Quit

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Mac-I am the owner of . I build custom fixed blade knives that are beautiful and functional. I'll post some pictures of my knives, and answer any questions that you might have.

Here's a few that I've got on hand.

Attachments

• DSC00401A.jpg
    DSC00401A.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00405A.jpg
    DSC00405A.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00409A.jpg
    DSC00409A.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00411A.jpg
    DSC00411A.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00403A.jpg
    DSC00403A.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 18
dude, and all full tang!

dude i love your knives!

how much do you charge for that, what looks to be 8" to 9" bladed bowie?

Yes, everything I build is of full-tang construction. Nothing else is comparable durability-wise. If your talking about the Bowie that's at the top of the group picture, it's $60.00 without a sheath, $75.00 with a sheath. If you're talking about the red scaled knife with the blood groove-that's $95.00 without a sheath, $110.00 with a sheath. I'm going to be builkding a whole series of 1095 HC steel Tom Brown Tracker type knives soon, I consider that to be the ultimate all around fixed blade knife: Combat, survival, utility-does it all.

Nice!
ya blood grove is where i was going with that.
id love that knife, however im a poor s.o.b.
nice metal type too, if im not mistaken, thats one of the top quality grades as well?
wish i had the money, id buy the whole lot LOL!

Nice!
ya blood grove is where i was going with that.
id love that knife, however im a poor s.o.b.
nice metal type too, if im not mistaken, thats one of the top quality grades as well?
wish i had the money, id buy the whole lot LOL!

It's American 440c Stainless, with a low reflective satin finish. Don't buy Chinese stainless, it's junk.

It's American 440c Stainless, with a low reflective satin finish. Don't buy Chinese stainless, it's junk.
LOL, although i still do admittingly, i do know the difference, but thank you for posting it as others may not know.
probably my favorite steel would have to be Demascus, whats your opinion on that steel?

LOL, although i still do admittingly, i do know the difference, but thank you for posting it as others may not know.
probably my favorite steel would have to be Demascus, whats your opinion on that steel?

I make a lot of damascus blades. There's an outfit in Alabama called Alabama Damascus that makes very good blade blanks. It can be harder to sharpen than stainless or HC, but it holds a good edge when sharpened.

Here's 3 more that I just finished last night. Top is my standard damascus hunting knife, with pistachio scales. Middle is a mini-kukri, 440c stainless, with Australian redgum scales. Bottom is a damascus clip point, with burl ash scales.

Attachments

• DSC00412A.jpg
    DSC00412A.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 12
Really nice work, this is right up my alley, I collect Victorinox and leathermans and some other knives that I like. Do you put any type of finish on the scales ? Hard to tell from the pictures . Also can we custom order the scales ? I like the bottom one in the last pic as a last ditch knife. Looks like it could be drawn like a pistol. Would be interested in that with a sheath if it can be drawn fast. Kind of like the ka bar, Glad you are on this site, need a knife expert. I will send a pic of the ka bar but I am sure you know what I am talking about.

thats a really cool concept, the quick draw knife.
do you know if they make any larger bladed knives with the same concept?
I will look around here is some spec's on the tdi
Protect yourself and others with this law enforcement knife. The Tactical Defense Institute knife is well concealed when worn on the pant belt, so if an officer can't get to their handgun in time, they are ensured safety with this as a last option. The knife features a black textured handle, full tang construction, and a black powder coated stainless steel drop point blade. The black sheath is glass filled and made of nylon.
  • Tactical Defense Institute knife
  • For law enforcement
  • Black, powder coated stainless steel drop point blade
  • Full tang construction
  • Black textured handles
  • Black glass filled nylon belt sheath
  • Blade length: 2-5/16"
  • Overall length: 5-5/8"

Latest posts

Back