GREAT example of why we should always carry!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Watch: Homeowner After Attack by Fugitive: ‘I’m Just Glad I Had My Pistol’

A homeowner who was attacked by a fugitive accused of shooting a sheriff’s deputy spoke from a hospital bed Thursday to say, “I’m just glad I had my pistol.”

News Channel 9 reports the homeowner, Eddie Cloer, was outside his residence when he felt what he thought was a kick in the back. It turns out he had been shot, and the shots allegedly continued being fired at Cloer as wanted fugitive Dalton Potter kept up the assault.
Cloer’s son told News Channel 9 Dalton allegedly fired three shots in all. He indicated Dalton’s attack was interrupted by the fact Cloer was able to pull his own gun and shoot back, grazing Dalton’s head.

Fox 5’s Denise Dillon posted video of an interview with Cloer in which he said, “I’m just glad I had my pistol with me, if not, I might not be here.”

WDEF reports that Potter was discovered hiding in a swamp Wednesday night and apprehended by law enforcement.

He faces charges for allegedly shooting Whitfield County Deputy Darrell Hackney, who survived his wounds, and News Channel 9 reports he also faces charges for “possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of a firearm during a commission of a felony, felony obstruction, theft by receiving, possession of an explosive by a convicted felon; in Gordon County: three counts of aggravated assault, three counts of aggravated battery, two counts of burglary, possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and felony obstruction.”

denisedillon (@DillonFox5) Tweeted:
Hours before fugitive Dalton Potter was captured he shot Eddie Cloer 3 times. Cloer had his pistol and managed to squeeze off a couple of rounds grazing Potter in the head. #fox5atlanta https://t.co/CVqufudE5l

You just cannot drive home this point enough! Always carry, where ever you go. Wish I had a nickle for every time someone told me they're just going here or there and didn't need to carry. I carry a klcr in my cargo pants or ankle holster at all times, even raking leaves or mowing the lawn. That guy had his head on straight.

You just cannot drive home this point enough! Always carry, where ever you go. Wish I had a nickle for every time someone told me they're just going here or there and didn't need to carry. I carry a klcr in my cargo pants or ankle holster at all times, even raking leaves or mowing the lawn. That guy had his head on straight.

I carry whether I’m at home or on the road. There are all kinds of dangerous varmints in both places that may attack at any time.

Latest posts

Back