granola bar/trail mix

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petoski

God Like
Reaction score
Found a nice quick and easy granola bar/ trail mix recipe and it is also gluten free.

• 1 banana (I freeze mine and then defrost in microwave to make it more liquid)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (i used almonds and pecan)
  • 1/3 cup seeds (I use chia and pumpkin seeds)
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 1/4 cup oats
  • 1 table spoon honey

• put all ingredients in a bowl and mix
  • Put on baking tray and compress the mix to make a big block about 2cm thick
  • bake for 20 mins at 175c
  • cool and then cut to slices

Keeps me going for hours in an active job and a nice hike meal.

Found a nice quick and easy granola bar/ trail mix recipe and it is also gluten free.

• 1 banana (I freeze mine and then defrost in microwave to make it more liquid)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (i used almonds and pecan)
  • 1/3 cup seeds (I use chia and pumpkin seeds)
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 1/4 cup oats
  • 1 table spoon honey

• put all ingredients in a bowl and mix
  • Put on baking tray and compress the mix to make a big block about 2cm thick
  • bake for 20 mins at 175c
  • cool and then cut to slices

Keeps me going for hours in an active job and a nice hike meal.
That sounds really good. I'm not a big fan for bananas, maybe I could use dried pineapple in their place? And maybe dried cranberries instead of rasins.
May try making some soon.

That sounds really good. I'm not a big fan for bananas, maybe I could use dried pineapple in their place? And maybe dried cranberries instead of rasins.
I dont do the banana thing either and would substitute myself. And instead of seed I would use nuts for our taste. Great thing is these kind of recipes can be altered to taste,

Funnily enough i too am not a fan of banana but the taste is not very strong. I think if swapping it for something else it would need to also be moist and sticky or add more honey.

Latest posts

Back