Grandma said WHAT?!?!?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen Back

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
How about something different? So, I'm a couple of vodka olive martinis in, making salmon and chick pea pasta, and had a memory I shared with my wife. I told her when I was a kid, my grandmother told me how to tell when spaghetti was done cooking. She said you take a piece out of the pot and throw it against the wall. If it sticks, it's ready. Is this going to stick, or am I sauced?

I also thought about starting a thread called "What is It?" for things we have in the garage/shop and have forgotten what it goes to. I just didn't want to upload any pics.

Any tricks or ridiculousness your elders told you?

Vodka martinis sound great.
I remember my mom talking about the spaghetti thing.
I only had one grandparent that I knew, she lived with us, died when I was 18. She never cooked. Drank Crown Royal and smoked virginia slims

In keeping with the title my grandmother was a pip. I was 45 and busted on her how she was double my age at 90.
She had us over and her Sister in law, My great aunt. My Great aunt told my Grand mother about something on the floor. My Grandmother said“ why did you S#it on the floor?
I had to yell at her for swearing in front of my kids.
I still love her after she is gone and remember this as a fondest memory.

My mom says stuff in front of our grandkids and I have to tell her to cool it. Our three grandkids live with us, so they are mom's great grandkids. Driving in the bigger town away from us, but close to where she lives, she is in the car pointing out the bars she'd go to. Hide the makeup in the barn, say she was going into town to spend the night with a friend. She was 15. Raised Old order mennonite/Amish. Our grandkids jaws are dropping....15?

One thing my grandmother told me when I was about 6, stuck with me forever. My mom would send us to stay with her for Summers. I would open the fridge and just look inside it, like maybe food was going to just appear. She told me to close to door and stop doing that because every time I opened the fridge door it costs a quarter. That was a 1976 quarter! At 6, that was a handful of candy! I got the message.

Where are the videos you were talking about recreating "fat and sassy"? I say the whole shpeel frequently, and my wife hates it. I laugh EVERY time.
I’ve seen them on Instagram reels
Hilarious especially when little kids do it!!
I’ll see if I can find one to link here

My mom says stuff in front of our grandkids and I have to tell her to cool it. Our three grandkids live with us, so they are mom's great grandkids. Driving in the bigger town away from us, but close to where she lives, she is in the car pointing out the bars she'd go to. Hide the makeup in the barn, say she was going into town to spend the night with a friend. She was 15. Raised Old order mennonite/Amish. Our grandkids jaws are dropping....15?
You are very wise. I think children should should not have children.

Latest posts

Back