Government Confiscation of Supplies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gave this some thought when I waited for sleep to arrive, confiscation of supplies is gonna be damn harder over there as your neck of woods is much larger than for ex mine here, it's always easier to come and grab in a smaller country.
hope I wont see that day..

as a person with food during a crisis it will be secrecy that saves you. everyone will be asking about your supplies. if that happens your preps are pointless. I have no solution other than get an old can or Rv and store it at a lot of you find one reasonably secure. it's not ideal but if you do not own a compound to defend then you likely will have visitors wishing to share your stuff

one of the best safeguards for your prep supplies and your other personal goods is to re-locate them off your property entirely if SHTF necessary ....

locate isolated areas that are eazily accessible and could hide a duffle bag or a couple cases of canned goods - just a sizable weeded patch that isn't traveled will do ....

important element to this is being prepped for that mission - you could plop gear into the weeds - hope to retrieve it before the elements crap them out >>> better would be a proper wrap/container for protection and then an outer wrap of camouflage tarping to match the season and terrain ....

one of the best safeguards for your prep supplies and your other personal goods is to re-locate them off your property entirely if SHTF necessary ....

locate isolated areas that are eazily accessible and could hide a duffle bag or a couple cases of canned goods - just a sizable weeded patch that isn't traveled will do ....

important element to this is being prepped for that mission - you could plop gear into the weeds - hope to retrieve it before the elements crap them out >>> better would be a proper wrap/container for protection and then an outer wrap of camouflage tarping to match the season and terrain ....

Totally agree, as long as they are hidden well. There is a large woods very close to us. Well over 100 acres. The owners live in another state (yes, I’ve researched it well) and there isn’t a single structure on it. I’ve got some spots marked in memory for just in case. It has a large pond that could possibly be used to hide things in if sealed properly.

I know it is just me, but I do not feel comfortable storing supplies anywhere but on my property. That said we do have stores on all three levels of the house. Stores in the garage are kept on an exterior wall. Should the building collapse be it from tornado or earthquake I will know where to start looking, and hopefully can get access.

My preference is to keep things hidden in plain sight. Boxes marked "Baby Clothes" or "Tax Records 2015". Throw a few things on the top to cover up what is really inside. Put some old magazines on top of a box of canned goods, and they will weigh about the same.

Being a Marine I say the big are done. Too many people looking for food. First it's a free for all. You can bet organized gangs will know what and where to hit. Food, sporting goods, gas. Then you'll see the fast food with locked freezers raided. This will setup those who have and have not. People will start leaving big cities looking for a way to survive. The first to leave may start gangs roaming the land looking for unprepared mom and pop to take from.

The gov has amassed stockpiles we know nothing of. Meal rations 20+ years old but perfectly edible. Fuel, equipment all waiting in reserve. It would be some time before they come with their hands out. More than likely they would use " we are in control again, bring your belongings and rejoin the U.S." That way you do the work for them.

Yeah, I can just imagine someone coming along with a backhoe and there goes my cache.

Very good point DH! Naturally, off our lands would be my last option. But it is a second option IF we ascertain that for a short time period it would be safer than our own land.

I went through Katrina here. Witnesses the looting first hand. Looters out numbered LEO by a very large margin. Even after the National Guard was deployed they were still out numbered. Remember, this was just a local event. Government doesn't have nearly enough personal to even attempt such an epic undertaking. They'll be to busy in the inner cities trying to quell riots and other problems. Taking my supply's is most likely to be very far down on there to do list.

I know it is just me, but I do not feel comfortable storing supplies anywhere but on my property. That said we do have stores on all three levels of the house. Stores in the garage are kept on an exterior wall. Should the building collapse be it from tornado or earthquake I will know where to start looking, and hopefully can get access.

My preference is to keep things hidden in plain sight. Boxes marked "Baby Clothes" or "Tax Records 2015". Throw a few things on the top to cover up what is really inside. Put some old magazines on top of a box of canned goods, and they will weigh about the same.

problem with keeping supplies entirely on your property will be the extent of the confiscation pillage >>> the powers-to-be might send in the squads to seize even clothes, beddings and all kinds of goods to give to the refugees being housed around town - you might even get saddled with a small group of total strangers to house & feed - any vacant houses would be utilized and need household goods to equip it ...

Don't mess with stupid old men. This stupid old man just seems too stupid to understand that I am suppose to just give them anything they want. I don't care what uniform they are wearing, all those little badges just look like little bulls eyes to me. Yep, what to stupid old men have to loose except the ability of taking as many with then when they go. If you are one of those approaching my house, you may realize this old man is not THAT stupid.

Latest posts

Back