Government Confiscation of Supplies

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never been to London, so I will not have an educated opinion on that matter.

What I would recommend to mitigate Government Confiscation of Supplies is to keep a separate stash that you are willing to lose. Factor this into your inventory. If you think the Government is going to come stealing have something to give them. Hide the lion's share of your larder, but give them something to make it look like they have wiped you out.

I work in IT (Information Technology) and as part of my duties, I work with Auditors to review the various systems. One thing I learned early, is the Auditor have to find something to justify their existences. Similar to Morgan101's suggestion to give them something, I always leave a couple small items open for the Auditors to find. By the time the report comes out, the items are fixed ( ;) ) and everyone is happy.

I'm kind of left wondering where all this comes from? I have been travelling into London on and off for 20 years and I have never experienced or seen any of this behaviour.
So I don't think I've been lucky, it's just the way it is. I believe a lot of these stories are exaggerated and isolated incidents are over reported to make them seem the norm.
However, it's up to the individual to make their own decisions and risk assessments.

You can certainly count me guilty of reading too much news! LOL And totally agree we all have to make assessments on our safety as we see it. I am cautious about places I’m not totally familiar with and of course places I can’t utilize concealed carry. :m4:

I work in IT (Information Technology) and as part of my duties, I work with Auditors to review the various systems. One thing I learned early, is the Auditor have to find something to justify their existences. Similar to Morgan101's suggestion to give them something, I always leave a couple small items open for the Auditors to find. By the time the report comes out, the items are fixed ( ;) ) and everyone is happy.

I learned very early in my career; the definition on an Auditor was a guy you left in the corner until he satisfied himself.

When things get to were I need to fear the government coing to confiscate my supplies, the vast majority of my supplies will not be easily found, only about 10%. The only things I will willing let them confiscate is the lead out of the end of my gun. If I ever manage to retrieve them from the bottom of the gulf of Mexico.

yup,in any bad case scenario,I accidentally lost mine while duck hunting in the gulf of Finland and I was just on my way to report it; sry officer I was stupid and took them all with me,didn't think clearly,was just eager to get out to the hunting grounds and......

I saw a movie where a prepper kept some supplies in the kitchen pantry. They were just decoys for any thieves that got inside. The real supplies were kept in his hidden and fortified bunker in the basement. I don’t have a hidden or fortified bunker but have kept my supplies spread out ever since.

Latest posts

Back