Good safety info.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if this fits here, but I had a policeman tell me that the best thing my new driver daughter could carry was a can of hornet spray. It shoots for 25 ft and you aim for the eyes. She had to drive in the country for 25 miles one way to school. He also advised my favorite, big pointy stick idea. Now that she is old enough to carry, she also uses other protection.

Don't know if this fits here, but I had a policeman tell me that the best thing my new driver daughter could carry was a can of hornet spray. It shoots for 25 ft and you aim for the eyes. She had to drive in the country for 25 miles one way to school. He also advised my favorite, big pointy stick idea. Now that she is old enough to carry, she also uses other protection.
Our granddaughter carrys a "big pointy stick" too. Just like grandma. She says its her snake stick. Of course when the temps are in the mid 20's I dont think she'll see many snakes.

Last edited:
Our granddaughter carrys a "big pointy stick" too. Just like grandma. She says its her snake stick. Of course when the temps are in the mid 20's I dont think she'll see many snakes.
A snake in the grass can take many shapes and forms. I have less need of caution from the scaled version than the two legged versions out there. Being prepared is never a bad thing.

That is a genius idea! I have taken down several hornet's nests and these things will shoot straight up at least 22 ft. so horizontally it is probably further. The shock value out of getting hit will something like this will certainly set an attacker back a few notches.

Latest posts

Back