Gone Before You Get There

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A major issue is going to be trying to have enough fuel and electricity.
I have taken steps to ensure that I have some amount of electricity. The fuel however is going to be problematic.
especially since 87 octane gas is $4.27 per gallon at my local Costco, and that is the cheapest in the area.

if you look online there are many sites on how to build your own homade generators, including wind fans, also (if you want to know how i can tell ya how) you can run gas generators off of burning wood vapors, as far as gas/fuel buy a couple 5 gallon gas cans a screwdriver or an ice pick, when shtf, everyones going to try n leave all at once bottlenecking road ways/freeways, after a few hours of not moving most will abandon their cars for shelter, food etc..., just punch a hole in their gas can n fill'er up, the only problem would be that it wouldnt take that long for everyone else to figure that out either.

if you look online there are many sites on how to build your own homade generators, including wind fans, also (if you want to know how i can tell ya how) you can run gas generators off of burning wood vapors, as far as gas/fuel buy a couple 5 gallon gas cans a screwdriver or an ice pick, when shtf, everyones going to try n leave all at once bottlenecking road ways/freeways, after a few hours of not moving most will abandon their cars for shelter, food etc..., just punch a hole in their gas can n fill'er up, the only problem would be that it wouldnt take that long for everyone else to figure that out either.
Great idea!
I would add one item. take along some insurance (whatever caliber suits you) as you never know if there is going to be an opportunist who will wait for you to do the work then try and take your bounty!

roflmmfao! ya that guy waiten will be me hahaha. anyway on a different note i have a site i learned alot from including bug bags on a budget, how to make cooking flour from wood and more, preparedcitizenwsg.blogspot.com/ this guide is helpful for prep noobies.

roflmmfao! ya that guy waiten will be me hahaha. anyway on a different note i have a site i learned alot from including bug bags on a budget, how to make cooking flour from wood and more, preparedcitizenwsg.blogspot.com/ this guide is helpful for prep noobies.
Thanks for the link. I will take a look and see what I find.

My idea is to keep the preparations simple to begin with. Considering the most important items are: food water, shelter, first aid and heat source also doubling as a cooking source. New preppers can be easily overwhelmed, so the simple idea is a calm attempt to begin the prepper journey.

First off godselfme, WB! im glad to finally be able to talk with you!
although i agree simple steps are a good way to start, i personally feel DD is coming quick. i think people should learn/do as much as they can before its too late to do anything at all.

My idea is to keep the preparations simple to begin with. Considering the most important items are: food water, shelter, first aid and heat source also doubling as a cooking source. New preppers can be easily overwhelmed, so the simple idea is a calm attempt to begin the prepper journey.
I do tend to follow the KISS method, "Keep It Simple Stupid." I start small and work my way up double checking at certain stages to insure I have not forgotten anything. I also like to search on line for what other people are gathering to see if it will jar my mind in to grabbing something to make me better prepared.

Latest posts

Back