golf bag and trolly

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Top Poster
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Mobility option.

At a meet earlier today a gentleman brought a golf bag with a 2 wheel trolley, he strapped a 30L bag to the golf bag, the whole system is very stable easy to pull and easily configurable to affix to a bike. The all aluminum trolly $10, golf bag $5 from goodwill

The golf bag contained a 10/22/+ammo, tent, tarp(s), sleeping bag plus small additional items. The 30L bag contained additional gear and easily removable from the golf bag. The golf bag was sprayed with water for 10 minutes, no signs of water soaking through so it was relatively water resistance. Total gear weight 60lbs minus golf bag and trolly.

Great system but... 60 pounds of gear? And that's not including the bag or the trolley?

Maybe just my humble opinion, but that is a LOT of stuff. I'm not saying my system is perfect but my gear, including the bag its in, is right at 20 lbs. Granted, there's a gun or two that will be with me that isn't a part of that 20 lbs but it's not 4o lbs worth of gun.

I'm also having trouble wrapping my head around the "easily affixed to a bike" part as well. Where does the trolley go? I can see him maybe putting the bag on his back and the gold bag on the back of the bike but I can't see how the aluminum trolley attaches.
Also, the trolley is I'm sure very stable indeed but how fast can he move with it, and how does it handle rough terrain? It seems like even going up and down stairs with 60lbs on a wheeled trolley would pose a bit of a problem.

I probably do prioritize mobility more than others but I blame that on my parkour training, and a saying I once heard that went "On the battlefield, speed is life. You go slow, and you die." Granted. Bugging out isn't a battle persay but I like knowing that I can run if I have to with my equipment.

Again, just my two cents; it's definitely an interesting option to consider. I had never thought of a golf trolley before now.

Great system but... 60 pounds of gear? And that's not including the bag or the trolley?

Maybe just my humble opinion, but that is a LOT of stuff. I'm not saying my system is perfect but my gear, including the bag its in, is right at 20 lbs. Granted, there's a gun or two that will be with me that isn't a part of that 20 lbs but it's not 4o lbs worth of gun.

I'm also having trouble wrapping my head around the "easily affixed to a bike" part as well. Where does the trolley go? I can see him maybe putting the bag on his back and the gold bag on the back of the bike but I can't see how the aluminum trolley attaches.
Also, the trolley is I'm sure very stable indeed but how fast can he move with it, and how does it handle rough terrain? It seems like even going up and down stairs with 60lbs on a wheeled trolley would pose a bit of a problem.

I probably do prioritize mobility more than others but I blame that on my parkour training, and a saying I once heard that went "On the battlefield, speed is life. You go slow, and you die." Granted. Bugging out isn't a battle persay but I like knowing that I can run if I have to with my equipment.

Again, just my two cents; it's definitely an interesting option to consider. I had never thought of a golf trolley before now.

Giving the bag is on a trolly mentioned above it wouldn't be overly burdensome. My large bag (some call a INCH bag) is around 60lbs my wife's is 45lbs, 60lbs isn't difficult for me to carry with no trolly. The terrain and weather is very different requiring a different set of needs here compared to the South. There is a slight difference between a BOB and INCHbag ;)

The trolly is an older 60s/70s type aluminum golf trolly, the wheels are aluminum with hard rubber tire and are bearing not sleeved on a steel axle, these wheels are not overly small, the handle pivots up and down or locks in place, it's a two wheel trolly that can tilt all the way down on the handle, the handle can easily be tethered to the bike, it can negotiate stairs fine, the post is just another option for folks ;) If one has a baby or a small kid this adds another option for mobility and not expensive.

In most cases bugging out is not going to be on a battlefield, in Eastern Washington (similar to many parts of Texas) something like this can easily manipulate the terrain or can go on the many trails we have here.

Something similar to this;
Wike_Bicycle_Golf_Cart.jpg

I believe it lives in Oregon, Motorcycles and Quads and Mules are oft overlooked Bug Out Vehicles for one or two people bugging up to 150 miles.

Oh erm, my crap Geography again, if I remember right it was the state north of Northern California ? I thought that was Oregon, sorry my mistake I always get these Canadian counties mixed up :)

Giving the bag is on a trolly mentioned above it wouldn't be overly burdensome. My large bag (some call a INCH bag) is around 60lbs my wife's is 45lbs, 60lbs isn't difficult for me to carry with no trolly. The terrain and weather is very different requiring a different set of needs here compared to the South. There is a slight difference between a BOB and INCHbag ;)

Something similar to this;
View attachment 4175

Ok, now that I see it, I agree that looks a little more doable. I guess we'll just agree to disagree on how much is too much hahaha. I personally don't really focus too much on a I'm Not Coming Home situation, which may be a weakness but for me it doesn't seem like something I'd need to do. The point of bugging out, in my mind at least is to reach a new set location that has further provisions/security/shelter/whatever so I basically am not planning on living out of a bag for too long, just while in transit. Even with 60 lbs, you can't live forever without resupply. I've carried about 45 lbs in my back for a week and that was doable but there was no way I could climb, jump, or even break out into a jog with that beast of a hiking pack. Most of the guys who had 60 lbs (I was a young teenager with a bunch of adults in the Grand Canyon) were using hiking poles to help with the weight. We lived out of those bags for a week easily, but man, did it feel good to get out, eat a greasy cheeseburger, and take a hot shower! But I digress.

I think it's a difference of philosophy. Mobility, as I've said before, is just a big part of who I am I guess. I regularly train wall runs and gap jumps with my GHB but that's about half the size and weight of my BoB so that's something I need to consider. And again, not ever bug-out requires crazy speed, so there's that too.

The motorcycle trailers are awesome, I met a guy camping at Big Bend who had a little pop-up shelter and storage space on a small trailer like that behind his Harley. It was basically an over-glorified tent with a storage trunk as well but he and his wife looked pretty comfortable. I would think that motocross bikes and quads would be an incredible option for bugging out as you can take those mostly anywhere and they don't need a ton of gas to get from A to B.

Ok, now that I see it, I agree that looks a little more doable. I guess we'll just agree to disagree on how much is too much hahaha. I personally don't really focus too much on a I'm Not Coming Home situation, which may be a weakness but for me it doesn't seem like something I'd need to do. The point of bugging out, in my mind at least is to reach a new set location that has further provisions/security/shelter/whatever so I basically am not planning on living out of a bag for too long, just while in transit. Even with 60 lbs, you can't live forever without resupply. I've carried about 45 lbs in my back for a week and that was doable but there was no way I could climb, jump, or even break out into a jog with that beast of a hiking pack. Most of the guys who had 60 lbs (I was a young teenager with a bunch of adults in the Grand Canyon) were using hiking poles to help with the weight. We lived out of those bags for a week easily, but man, did it feel good to get out, eat a greasy cheeseburger, and take a hot shower! But I digress.

I think it's a difference of philosophy. Mobility, as I've said before, is just a big part of who I am I guess. I regularly train wall runs and gap jumps with my GHB but that's about half the size and weight of my BoB so that's something I need to consider. And again, not ever bug-out requires crazy speed, so there's that too.

The motorcycle trailers are awesome, I met a guy camping at Big Bend who had a little pop-up shelter and storage space on a small trailer like that behind his Harley. It was basically an over-glorified tent with a storage trunk as well but he and his wife looked pretty comfortable. I would think that motocross bikes and quads would be an incredible option for bugging out as you can take those mostly anywhere and they don't need a ton of gas to get from A to B.

Only three reasons I would bug out, forest fire, volcano and invasion. I have twice evac because of forest fires, I have since cut a fire break around the property and both wells have generators for keeping the place wet. A volcano evac I would have to plan for the worse and already setup for this type of evacs, invasion (not likely, though...), I have several means of transportation, quads, horses, truck and snowmobiles thus I would head up into the mountains immediately (if on the property) since I border them, in all cases here I would take our INCHbags. Since we are spending more time at the house in town I was thinking of putting something together a little more feasible bag because of the difference of geographic's something I alluded too a couple of days ago in a post, I do have a motorcycle but if I need to bugout from town by foot I need to set up a couple of bags for the particular environment I'll be trekking in/through from mild to very rough no in betweens. In my quest to find viable options of transportation a gent brought up the exact point at a local meet, the golf bag and trolly may work in other situations but not in my case unfortunately ;)

Last edited:
Only three reasons I would bug out, forest fire, volcano and invasion.

Don't worry old chum, we Redcoats don't have any plans in invading Washington state, We will settle for our old east coast colonies :rocket: Cannot promise the Canadians will behave though :)
( evil laughter echoing across the hills)

Hell, the Redcoats already invaded Washington in 1824 ok, not really an invasion they staked claim to a part of the Oregon territory (present day western Washington) Fort Vancouver and the Hudson's Bay Company ironically, the Washington claim ended in 1859 during the so called 'Pig War' by a Captain (at the time) the famed Civil War Confederate General George Pickett. For christ sakes, many of our towns and streets are named by and after British Officers, we even have the Union Jack flying all up and down the coast, no, you don't need to invade us, YOU NEVER LEFT ;)

Nice of you to say that Mav, its appreciated ,ah yes Picketts charge IIRC, You westerners were surely more pleasant and interactive than the chaps on the east coast, we had to take DC off them to make them behave, I bet you real patriotic Americans wish we had kept it now :) :)

Nice of you to say that Mav, its appreciated ,ah yes Picketts charge IIRC, You westerners were surely more pleasant and interactive than the chaps on the east coast, we had to take DC off them to make them behave, I bet you real patriotic Americans wish we had kept it now :) :)

Lol, until 2016 (maybe), yes please take DC..

Motorcycles and Quads and Mules are oft overlooked Bug Out Vehicles for one or two people bugging up to 150 miles.

Can't carry much, but can certainly maneuver around any traffic pileups and can get a lot of mileage out of your gas. As long as you had a pretty good BOB, a motorcycle is a pretty ideal bug out vehicle. Heck, with the right saddlebags, etc., you could carry a good deal. Not as much as a car or truck, but enough.

Latest posts

Back