GOLD....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect gold to keep going higher and our dollar to completely collapse eventually, maybe this year. I believe all of the smelting plants over in Europe have shut down due to the energy cost of keeping them open. Silver is on the rise too. As a country, we should be going back to the precious metal currency

Gold has been on a steady upward trend for two months now...
kYrVog1.gif
Price too high now to buy!!!!

Wishing I had bought more as it is going to skyrocket! What else can it do with China, and Central Banks aka WEFers, buying up huge amounts? Our fiat dollar will crash. Just a matter of time. The biden Regime will swoop in with digital dollars and try to force them upon us all…they will be equally worthless as the default dollar with nothing backing them. The question is, will the world revert to Yuan?

Wishing I had bought more as it is going to skyrocket! What else can it do with China, and Central Banks aka WEFers, buying up huge amounts? Our fiat dollar will crash. Just a matter of time. The biden Regime will swoop in with digital dollars and try to force them upon us all…they will be equally worthless as the default dollar with nothing backing them. The question is, will the world revert to Yuan?
Start looking at SILVER, Its next!

BICRAP can put his DIGITAL currency somewhere the sun has difficulty shining upon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year I sold some of my gold stash to pay off our medical bills. It looks like I'll be selling more soon to pay off our current medical bills. I've been accumulating gold, silver and gemstones ever since I was a kid in the late 60's. Beginning in the 80's I owned several gold placer mines. Besides saving gold nuggets that I mined I started buying gold and silver coins and bars, plus palladium. I have no intention of buying any more gold, personally it's about $1000 per oz more than I'm willing to pay for it. However, last summer I found an old placer mine about 3 miles from our house. I'm going to do some sampling there this spring and see if it'll be worth mining. There are countless old lode mines all around our place too. I may take some samples and see if any are worth reopening.

Last year I sold some of my gold stash to pay off our medical bills. It looks like I'll be selling more soon to pay off our current medical bills. I've been accumulating gold, silver and gemstones ever since I was a kid in the late 60's. Beginning in the 80's I owned several gold placer mines. Besides saving gold nuggets that I mined I started buying gold and silver coins and bars, plus palladium. I have no intention of buying any more gold, personally it's about $1000 per oz more than I'm willing to pay for it. However, last summer I found an old placer mine about 3 miles from our house. I'm going to do some sampling there this spring and see if it'll be worth mining. There are countless old lode mines all around our place too. I may take some samples and see if any are worth reopening.
At the price of gold now some of the old less profitable mines are worth looking into!!

Quote of the day about gold:

Kahn said that any choice the Federal Reserve makes from here will be good for gold. She noted that higher interest rates could push the U.S. economy into a recession, but leaving them unchanged will cause inflation to rise.

"I firmly believe gold is going above $2,000," she said.

"The Fed doesn't know what is going to happen, so right now, gold is the only adult in the room." - Tobina Kahn, president of House of Kahn Estate Jewelers

https://www.kitco.com/news/2023-03-...price-soars-amid-a-spreading-bank-crisis.html

Last edited:
My thinking is if things are so bad that I need gold to buy something , then there will be no banks , shops , mail or any kind of delivery service for converting that gold into acceptable currency . Cranking up a vehicle and going somewhere to cash in gold might also be problematic as I have never seen a gas pump that took gold or anyone working inside a gas station dealing in gold . Trying to pay property taxes with gold I could also see being a problem . -- With that view , I will say however if someone expects things to crash and then spring back into some sort of recovery , then yes at that point converting that gold might be profitable . I just don't expect a recovery and am expecting our ongoing spiral downward to not bounce back , thus my efforts toward never ending self-sufficiency .

Last edited:
My thinking is if things are so bad that I need gold to buy something , then there will be no banks , shops , mail or any kind of delivery service for converting that gold into acceptable currency . Cranking up a vehicle and going somewhere to cash in gold might also be problematic as I have never seen a gas pump that took gold or anyone working inside a gas station dealing in gold . Trying to pay property taxes with gold I could also see being a problem . -- With that view , I will say however if someone expects things to crash and then spring back into some sort of recovery , then yes at that point converting that gold might be profitable . I just don't expect a recovery and am expecting our ongoing spiral downward to not bounce back , thus my efforts toward never ending self-sufficiency .
Gold is an excellent investment regardless of bad times or good. For thousands of years people have been using gold to purchase everything they need. I don't see anything coming up in the future to change that.

Latest posts

Back