Gold & Silver

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Gold

Reaction score
Hello All from MN, I own a Gold & Silver Co and would like to know why preppers are looking to hold Gold & Silver? As I see it if Gold & Silver is used to trade who is going to take the Gold & Silver. There will be no one in there right mind that would take it in trade for goods. There will be no one to buy the Gold & Silver from the traders. As I see it food and booze and water and seeds being the #1 trade goods. Please lets open talks on this. Thanks

Hello All from MN, I own a Gold & Silver Co and would like to know why preppers are looking to hold Gold & Silver? As I see it if Gold & Silver is used to trade who is going to take the Gold & Silver. There will be no one in there right mind that would take it in trade for goods. There will be no one to buy the Gold & Silver from the traders. As I see it food and booze and water and seeds being the #1 trade goods. Please lets open talks on this. Thanks
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!
I am sure many believe that using Gold/Silver as a currency is a good idea as many will probably feel that all things will return to "normal" sooner as to later, and by accepting gold/silver they might just become wealthy when things go back to normal. At least that's my take on it.

The precious metal I deal in, in a post SHTF world is lead.

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Yes I do see that. Lead is a good way to go. I think copper is it to. One of my stores is all set up to be a trading post. Food,Water,Fur just about everything.

Welcome to the forum mr gold. As for me I would not take any gold or silver I have coffee for trade and I'm thinking about buying cans of tobacco and a few pipes to also trade I understand Clydesdale point but you can't eat gold and its just metal to me I can care less for it so I would not triad dirt for it that's just if you ask me but copper or lead is stuff I would triad for

Welcome to the forum mr gold. As for me I would not take any gold or silver I have coffee for trade and I'm thinking about buying cans of tobacco and a few pipes to also trade I understand Clydesdale point but you can't eat gold and its just metal to me I can care less for it so I would not triad dirt for it that's just if you ask me but copper or lead is stuff I would triad for
I figure, if I have enough lead, and I am well versed with my lead, I can get damn near anything I want during the lawless periods. Well, until someone more versed with is lead comes along.

The thing that I think about all the time is luxury things. I do think if someone has the things that can provide freedom of what has happened and if you can take them back to the way it was.. I think that the trader will do well. Candy is a big deal look at twinkies they take them away and we go crazy. I'm always looking for something to store. I think your right on with cans of tobacco and pipes. See thats a good idea. There are allot of ex smokers that will start right up when SHTF. Need a thread THINGS TO STORE for trade.....

Latest posts

Back