Helpful Info. Gold, Silver and Food

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love how he totally discounts two of the three things in the title, hehe... I concur on the Mountain House meals though...pretty decent, and fairly reasonably priced, and with a 7 year shelf-life, a pretty good emergency stock.

I also like how he pointed out some non-SHTF reasons for having it (i.e. job loss, natural disaster, etc.)

thats why i started prepping to begin with..(so to speak)..there's been times where times were hard.so i started buying a lil bit of extra canned and/or dry foods when i could..and every once in a while.a lil extra refridgerated and/or frozen foods as well.this way we had what we needed,without going to town.or when we didnt have the money.things are a lil better for us..but yet i still do that.and for all the reasons that mike pointed out..but not for zombies..lol

For us, zombies is the joke reason, but really, it's just to have that safety net. Have been a lot of lean weeks, and it's been nice having that extra food to supplement, so we really didn't have to go to the store that week (or if we did, we could get out spending a lot less).

yeah,including zombies and/or walking dead time to time does help out with a lil extra prep here n there.

To me prepping is about covering as many bases as you can, from zombies to running out of sugar in the morning for your coffee. :).

I don't do anything until I have at least one coffee in me! To give you an idea how important the stuff is, my pantry always has 6 large cans of the stuff. I have two regular coffee makers, 1 old fashioned percolator in case I loose power I could use the grill or an open fire, two types of instant, and loads of creamer and sugar. I can skip the glass of wine at night, but not the coffee in the morning!

I don't do anything until I have at least one coffee in me! To give you an idea how important the stuff is, my pantry always has 6 large cans of the stuff. I have two regular coffee makers, 1 old fashioned percolator in case I loose power I could use the grill or an open fire, two types of instant, and loads of creamer and sugar. I can skip the glass of wine at night, but not the coffee in the morning!
The only way I can drink coffee is if it's mixed 50/50 with a good quality bourbon.

I never got into coffee much. I guess that's good though, as come SHTF, that will be one very limited commodity. At least one household member though, REQUIRES it, just not me.

Latest posts

Back