Gold is near all time high

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would not recommend selling any gold or silver at this time, unless your only purpose in owning precious metals is for an investment. Then treat gold as you would your stock investments; buy low and sell high.
My strategy is to hold my gold/silver and precious stones until there's a real crisis. If I don't need it then it will go to my kids and grand kids.
As I've said before; one should only buy gold/silver after their other needs are met. If a person is out of debt, I'd recommend holding about 20% in gold and silver as part of ones investment portfolio.
I can’t agree more with the comment about AFTER all your other needs are met then it’s good to have precious metals as an investment. I hear people talking about buying things while they have credit card debt. If you have credit card debt then you can’t afford to buy anything.....

I've been buying silver more so the past 3 years, I put gold on hold early 2018 due to prices, I stopped buying silver when it topped $20 bucks recently. For me gold and silver is not a buyers market and who knows when it will be if ever given the economic uncertainty of the industrialized countries.

But, I'm wondering if this election year isn't part of the inflating gold prices as it appeared it did in 2011.

I've been buying and collecting gold and silver since before I was a teenager. Got my start when my grandfather split up a large horde of silver dollars that he found in the 60's. In the late 70's and 80's I owned a placer gold mine that paid off very well. The gold from that mine asseyed at 93% and I was able to sell the fines and small flakes for 90% of spot. Many of the nuggets sold for 2-3 times spot, and more. Eventually I sold the mine for a nice profit.
For the most part I stopped buying gold (rounds and bars) when the price hit $1,000, but continued collecting US gold coins.
I've been thinking about buying a few bags of pre 64 silver coins just to have on hand.

we talk about buying when prices are low and selling when high,,,,,with gold so high right now I would sell,set the money aside and when gold dropped down to $1500 I would buy back in and end up with more than I started with
That's not a bad strategy either. If I needed the cash I would sell now too. It's possible that I may not live long enough to see a significant drop in the price of gold to buy it back. Unless theres a true financial crisis in the near future I plan to leave it, and most of my other assets to my kids and grand kids, assuming I still like them at that time.

Imo its not going to see 1500 again those days are gone. Its going to sail right past 2k and i am confident we will see 2500 in the not so distant future.

No one has a crystal ball and can accurately predict the future. I do feel there is a crash coming though. As far as selling any physical precious metals right now my thoughts are hold on to them. The whole idea of them is a safety net against the paper dollar. With the turbulence of the economy and virus this is the best time to have that extra insurance. Sure you can day trade right now, many are and making some money, but it’s risky. The stored wealth and security of gold and silver is exactly why I bought some in the first place.

No one has a crystal ball and can accurately predict the future. I do feel there is a crash coming though. As far as selling any physical precious metals right now my thoughts are hold on to them. The whole idea of them is a safety net against the paper dollar. With the turbulence of the economy and virus this is the best time to have that extra insurance. Sure you can day trade right now, many are and making some money, but it’s risky. The stored wealth and security of gold and silver is exactly why I bought some in the first place.

I agree.

The way I see it, if a crash does come, it's strictly caused by politician not having the balls to say no! We always assumed gold and silver is a safety net but that's not a guarantee, we may find that bartering may be more valuable than gold and silver, in the not to distanced future you may offer a man an half ounce of silver for two cans of corn and he's going to look at you saying, where the hell can I use that at, I'll take 6 rounds of .22. We can't always use the past to predict the future. We could end up were gold is outlawed for anyone to use as it was from 1933 to 1974 in the US, if the government remain intact the fiat currency crashed, gold outlawed which is very very plausible in fact, it's more likely to happen if the fiat currency fails then what?

In 1933 Roosevelt signd executive order 6102 had made it a criminal offense for U.S. citizens to own or trade gold anywhere followed by the Gold Reserve Act in 1934. Buying gold isn't solid ground there are substantial risks with even owning gold.

Agricultural land - historically & recently - surpasses everything else in value - including Gold, Stocks, guns, etc. The value of land increases with time, whereas the value of gold fluctuates. This is because we have a limited amount of land & demand for that land will only increase as earth's population increases. This ag land produces food - at a profit; You can feed your family and the world with it. Wouldn't you rather control the world's food resource, than have a cache of gold buried in your yard (or someone else's vault??!!) for archeologists to dig up 900 years from now? Buy Land! Barter beans for bullets!

Gold will continue a slow upward gain as long as the economy continues on its current course. For years the Gov as tried to keep gold down to keep the dollar up. We are still in receivership from the countries bankruptcy of the great depression when they outlawed gold ownership. We may see it again if our economy continues to decay.

Big Pharma.jpg

make a profit sell now and give it time the price will drop back down and buy back in

Not likely for some years I think. We are getting rampant inflation now, like we had in the 1970's, and like we had in the 2000's. In times of inflation gold goes up, food goes up, housing costs go up and currency value goes down down down. Just draw a straight line from peak to peak for an idea where gold is heading.

GOLD-s.jpg

In the 1980's shares and bonds represented underlying assets that were actually worth something. Companies were profitable, the government was stable and revenues were increasing. Fast forward to the year 2021 and most companies are hollow shells, government a fiscal time-bomb. In short paper assets are hugely overinflated in value and that is good news for gold, which is the antithesis of paper.

Not likely for some years I think. We are getting rampant inflation now, like we had in the 1970's, and like we had in the 2000's. In times of inflation gold goes up, food goes up, housing costs go up and currency value goes down down down. Just draw a straight line from peak to peak for an idea where gold is heading.

View attachment 12931

In the 1980's shares and bonds represented underlying assets that were actually worth something. Companies were profitable, the government was stable and revenues were increasing. Fast forward to the year 2021 and most companies are hollow shells, government a fiscal time-bomb. In short paper assets are hugely overinflated in value and that is good news for gold, which is the antithesis of paper.

you go ahead and buy that high priced gold right now ,,,yeah it is going to go up some,it might top $2000 per oz,,,, but it will peak and then drop down to $1600 or 1700 per oz

never buy when it's high unless you like rollercoaster rides

Buying physical gold you have to watch long term trends if you want to make any money.
If you buy paper gold (ETFs) then you make some money taking advantage of the dips caused by the people manipulating the short term price. They routinely short gold ETFs. You don't have to stay at a Holiday Inn Express to be able to see what is happening, LOL. (see chart below) At the opening of the NYMEX at 8 am Eastern, there will be a sudden drop in the price of gold, followed immediately by a bounce. Buy low, sell high...
These manipulations are only possible due to ETFs. It would be impossible to move physical gold fast enough to benefit from the fluctuations. One day this is going to catch up to them, because it is widely believed they are shorting "gold" that doesn't actually exist except on paper. Gold ETFs are SUPPOSED to be backed up by physical gold...
BTW, my "BUY" price for physical gold is $1200 an ounce. My "SELL" price is $1900 an ounce. I don't care what is happening moment to moment in the market in regards to physical gold. I just know if I stick to those rules, I can make money. If I panic and make rash decisions because of current market trends, I lose money.

U3flu19.gif

I think ammo, non-GMO seeds, access to fresh water, sizeable land has more worth.
I can do more with those things to maintain my health than a piece of gold, sitting on the counter, gathering dust.

I think ammo, non-GMO seeds, access to fresh water, sizeable land has more worth.
I can do more with those things to maintain my health than a piece of gold, sitting on the counter, gathering dust.
Ok. What if you already have everything on your list taken care of? I still maintain that a person should hold at least 20% of their assests in gold/silver. Just like with buying stocks you can do a dollar cost average to lessen the overall cost per ounce. Much of the gold I own cost less than $400 per ounce. Some gold (placer) I have just cost a little time and fuel.
Recently I sold some gold, at a $1600 profit, to pay off some medical bills. I'll probably buy it back within the next few months after the cattle are sold.

Latest posts

Back