Gold is near all time high

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree it isn’t the time to buy anymore. Silver is still a pretty affordable investment but has been creeping up too. My advice is with any investing jus make sure you diversify and never put all your eggs in any one basket.

Gold is now hovering right around $1795. The peak was $1900 in 2011 but it was just a spike. After that it spiked to $1800 three times and then dropped way down. High gold prices often indicate fear in the stock market as people are looking for a safe haven for their money.
So is everything else

Gold has surpassed the all time high.

gold.gif

Hold your gold and silver as FIAT currencies are debasing in a race to the bottom. Gold and silver are stores of wealth for 5000 years plus, paper promises have a 100% fail rate.

Governments worldwide are printing up trillions and throwing it out as helicopter money to stave off a global depression, last seen in 1929.

Watch this:

Economist Alasdair Macleod says all over this year.

if you are looking to turn a profit on your gold now is the time,before this settles out gold like everything else will drop in value and it may nose dive and take years to recover,,,take your profit,let the bottom drop out and when it nears the bottom buy back in,gold will recover it always has and always will

now if you are certain the bottom is going to drop out and we are going back to the wild west,,,,,stock up on ammo,it will be the new gold
I agree ammo would be valuable if shtf. As far as gold, I’m not sure. If the economy tanks then gold will likely hold value better than paper currency. I think it’s too late to sensibly buy gold right now, but also don’t think I would sell any either. I’m feeling the economy is going to nosedive before much longer. I wish I could think of several alternative investments right about now.

I agree ammo would be valuable if shtf. As far as gold, I’m not sure. If the economy tanks then gold will likely hold value better than paper currency. I think it’s too late to sensibly buy gold right now, but also don’t think I would sell any either. I’m feeling the economy is going to nosedive before much longer. I wish I could think of several alternative investments right about now.
invest in your self,,,,,,,,, it should be a sure thing

to be honest if I thought the bottom was going to drop out completely I would buy AR 15s and ammo for them,,,1 rifle and 500 rds of ammo and double your money,,,as many as I could afford to buy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,$700 turned to $1400,and they would sell like hotcakes
That’s actually not a terrible idea. If you didn’t sell it then they are added security. I do believe in tangible items and especially when they have multiple uses.

I think it's a bad idea to sell a single silver nugget right now. Look at the 10 year graph of silver & gold. Gold has quickly climbed to where it was a decade ago. Silver go to the $40-50 /oz range back then. The $23 price today is a bargain by comparison. Heck, if anything, I'd recommend buying more right now.

I would not recommend selling any gold or silver at this time, unless your only purpose in owning precious metals is for an investment. Then treat gold as you would your stock investments; buy low and sell high.
My strategy is to hold my gold/silver and precious stones until there's a real crisis. If I don't need it then it will go to my kids and grand kids.
As I've said before; one should only buy gold/silver after their other needs are met. If a person is out of debt, I'd recommend holding about 20% in gold and silver as part of ones investment portfolio.

Latest posts

Back