Gold is near all time high

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
I would not recommend selling any gold or silver at this time, unless your only purpose in owning precious metals is for an investment. Then treat gold as you would your stock investments; buy low and sell high.
My strategy is to hold my gold/silver and precious stones until there's a real crisis. If I don't need it then it will go to my kids and grand kids.
As I've said before; one should only buy gold/silver after their other needs are met. If a person is out of debt, I'd recommend holding about 20% in gold and silver as part of ones investment portfolio.
I can’t agree more with the comment about AFTER all your other needs are met then it’s good to have precious metals as an investment. I hear people talking about buying things while they have credit card debt. If you have credit card debt then you can’t afford to buy anything.....

Maverick

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
I've been buying silver more so the past 3 years, I put gold on hold early 2018 due to prices, I stopped buying silver when it topped $20 bucks recently. For me gold and silver is not a buyers market and who knows when it will be if ever given the economic uncertainty of the industrialized countries.

But, I'm wondering if this election year isn't part of the inflating gold prices as it appeared it did in 2011.

Arcticdude

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
I've been buying and collecting gold and silver since before I was a teenager. Got my start when my grandfather split up a large horde of silver dollars that he found in the 60's. In the late 70's and 80's I owned a placer gold mine that paid off very well. The gold from that mine asseyed at 93% and I was able to sell the fines and small flakes for 90% of spot. Many of the nuggets sold for 2-3 times spot, and more. Eventually I sold the mine for a nice profit.
For the most part I stopped buying gold (rounds and bars) when the price hit $1,000, but continued collecting US gold coins.
I've been thinking about buying a few bags of pre 64 silver coins just to have on hand.

Arcticdude

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
we talk about buying when prices are low and selling when high,,,,,with gold so high right now I would sell,set the money aside and when gold dropped down to $1500 I would buy back in and end up with more than I started with
That's not a bad strategy either. If I needed the cash I would sell now too. It's possible that I may not live long enough to see a significant drop in the price of gold to buy it back. Unless theres a true financial crisis in the near future I plan to leave it, and most of my other assets to my kids and grand kids, assuming I still like them at that time.

EssChris

Reaction score
Imo its not going to see 1500 again those days are gone. Its going to sail right past 2k and i am confident we will see 2500 in the not so distant future.

Brent S

Top Poster
Reaction score
No one has a crystal ball and can accurately predict the future. I do feel there is a crash coming though. As far as selling any physical precious metals right now my thoughts are hold on to them. The whole idea of them is a safety net against the paper dollar. With the turbulence of the economy and virus this is the best time to have that extra insurance. Sure you can day trade right now, many are and making some money, but it’s risky. The stored wealth and security of gold and silver is exactly why I bought some in the first place.

Maverick

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
No one has a crystal ball and can accurately predict the future. I do feel there is a crash coming though. As far as selling any physical precious metals right now my thoughts are hold on to them. The whole idea of them is a safety net against the paper dollar. With the turbulence of the economy and virus this is the best time to have that extra insurance. Sure you can day trade right now, many are and making some money, but it’s risky. The stored wealth and security of gold and silver is exactly why I bought some in the first place.
I agree.

The way I see it, if a crash does come, it's strictly caused by politician not having the balls to say no! We always assumed gold and silver is a safety net but that's not a guarantee, we may find that bartering may be more valuable than gold and silver, in the not to distanced future you may offer a man an half ounce of silver for two cans of corn and he's going to look at you saying, where the hell can I use that at, I'll take 6 rounds of .22. We can't always use the past to predict the future. We could end up were gold is outlawed for anyone to use as it was from 1933 to 1974 in the US, if the government remain intact the fiat currency crashed, gold outlawed which is very very plausible in fact, it's more likely to happen if the fiat currency fails then what?

In 1933 Roosevelt signd executive order 6102 had made it a criminal offense for U.S. citizens to own or trade gold anywhere followed by the Gold Reserve Act in 1934. Buying gold isn't solid ground there are substantial risks with even owning gold.

HylaPicta

Reaction score
Agricultural land - historically & recently - surpasses everything else in value - including Gold, Stocks, guns, etc. The value of land increases with time, whereas the value of gold fluctuates. This is because we have a limited amount of land & demand for that land will only increase as earth's population increases. This ag land produces food - at a profit; You can feed your family and the world with it. Wouldn't you rather control the world's food resource, than have a cache of gold buried in your yard (or someone else's vault??!!) for archeologists to dig up 900 years from now? Buy Land! Barter beans for bullets!

TexasFreedom

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
Hadn't looked at gold/silver prices since I posted about a week ago. Wow. Silver $29+ today. Gold $2067. And I said buying at $24 wasn't a bad idea a week ago...

DrHenley

A True Doomsday Prepper
Global Moderator
VIP Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is page after page of Morgans (Morgan silver dollars) on eBay right now with very low bids. Some have a bid of 1 cent with no shipping, some have a bid of 99 cents with no shipping, some have a bid of 99 cents with $3 shipping, and some have a bid of 1 cent with $3.99 shipping.

SoulSeeker

Reaction score
Gold will continue a slow upward gain as long as the economy continues on its current course. For years the Gov as tried to keep gold down to keep the dollar up. We are still in receivership from the countries bankruptcy of the great depression when they outlawed gold ownership. We may see it again if our economy continues to decay.

Latest posts