Going "off-grid" while living on the grid?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I echo some of my fellow forum members if your not doing anything illegal you should have minimal difficulties with the government and therefore your efforts would be better spent on providing for yourself and your loved ones in the event of significant long-term disruptions of services ( food, water, electricity, police, fire, medical etc. ) as apposed to trying to hide from the government

I do not plan to hide from the government but I also do not plan to do anything to draw the governments attention. I do think being on the forum is a very minor risk, compared to my being a gun owner. I believe the government will go after the gun owners long before they go after the preppers. When the economy collapses, then those preppers close to big cities will be in trouble. The government is likely to pass a marshal law and want to confiscate much of the prepper's stocked food and any other useful resources. The rural preppers should be better off as the local government is made up local residents.

Your life on the internet has already been an open book. Big tech is tracking and will sell you out in a heartbeat.
Come with a warrant for my guns, you get what’s on the warrant.
Being within 40 miles of 3 Democratic Hellholes. Their hands are going to be full to be looking my way for about 6 months. I think riots last year proves this.

When the economy collapses, then those preppers close to big cities will be in trouble. The government is likely to pass a marshal law and want to confiscate much of the prepper's stocked food

I doubt it. It's a numbers game with governments and the actual amount of food preppers in a given city have is minuscule compared to what is in one large supermarket. Why chase down 1000 preppers when they can simply order the supermarket chiefs to close their doors?

I have often said it, there is a lot of confusion in the prepper /survivalist community, and that because it's a mishmash of religious beliefs; Hollywood movies, military experience, camping experience, organic farming systems, primitive weapons fanatics, and on and on. Basically everyone believes their own fantasy vision of the future and preps for that.

Now look at the corona virus, no one saw that coming and it's only just begun I believe. But if you look back you can see the governments of the world preparing for it with the other supposed pandemics. SARS, Bird flu, etc. Add to that the hundreds and hundreds of movies about virus infected Zombies and you have a world population ready to believe almost anything.

I wouldn't post here without a VPN and a browser that keeps no record of my activity. People here without VPN's will be going on a list, that's what government does, it creates police departments and they create lists for future action. When the Nazis marched into Poland the first place they went was the police stations to get the records of firearm owners, then to the owners houses. Being honest with government will get you in trouble every time.

I echo some of my fellow forum members if your not doing anything illegal you should have minimal difficulties with the government and therefore your efforts would be better spent on providing for yourself and your loved ones in the event of significant long-term disruptions of services ( food, water, electricity, police, fire, medical etc. ) as apposed to trying to hide from the government

Since "9/11" (I hate that term) we have lost almost all of our Constitutional rights. At any time the government feels just fine about redefining your rights or just plain taking them away. Tomorrow, the government can re-define you as a criminal. Semi-automatics are a great example. To you want them to have all your identification and locating information when that happens?

Latest posts

Back