Going "off-grid" while living on the grid?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker1001

Reaction score
Okay, that might be a terrible way of phrasing. I'm looking to stay off the radar and keeping my presence unknown to law/government while blending into society. How can I stay anonymous while living in city limits where I live on the grid. I've already set up steps to keep our property purchase private and anonymous so our names are not associated with it. What else can I do to live in a way that keeps my life private and anonymous in society?

What's the difference between using a VPN and spoofing? I thought spoofing is what cyber hackers do to gain access to others computers.
IP spoofing uses a false IP address. VPN uses a real IP address. VPNs can be used for nefarious purposes, but by and large they are used for perfectly legitimate and legal purposes. They have been used by businesses for decades to connect satellite offices to the main office network so that the remote computers can be part of the main computer network.

It is not that much different than when your cable modem at home uses network address translation to make it look like your computer has a public IP address when it really doesn't. With a VPN, in between your computer and the public IP address there is a VPN pipeline.

Okay, that might be a terrible way of phrasing. I'm looking to stay off the radar and keeping my presence unknown to law/government while blending into society. How can I stay anonymous while living in city limits where I live on the grid. I've already set up steps to keep our property purchase private and anonymous so our names are not associated with it. What else can I do to live in a way that keeps my life private and anonymous in society?

I sold a booklet explaining how to disappear into the American underground in the 1990s. I printed and sold it myself. It kept me afloat between jobs.

So, put the utilities in a relative, friend or girlfriend's name. The utility companies will do it with little coaching. Get a clean address. By this I mean find someone who is moving, get them to allow you to share that address for mail. Then open a post office box and produce a letter from this borrowed address as proof of residence. Your friends have moved, it is a clean address. Use burner cell phones, change every time you can. Work as a consultant and use a dba company or LLC to have your money paid to you. So far, all legal but If you are really desperate, use the Fredrick Forsythe (The Dogs of War) method. Go to a cemetery, find a person's gravestone your age who died as a child, take down the information, go to your County Recorder, get a Certified Copy of that Birth certificate and bingo, you become that person. I actually knew someone from Sweden who did this and got away with it until he died and a second death certificate was generated. The FBI send agents out.

But there is another way. Go to Los Angeles, 7th and Alvarado streets, park your car. A young Mexican guy will run up and ask you what you want. Tell him I.D. He will offer you various IDs at various levels of pricing. This is how illegal aliens prove residency for employment to perspective employers and the government/law enforcement looks the other way. You can buy a driver's license, green card, Social Security Card and number, incidental identification to verify the others like a library card. You can even get a passport. I was offered a Diplomatic Passport for $1500.00 in 1994. Unfortunately, it was a Bahamian passport and I do not look Bahamian.

Property, real estate, can be hidden too. How do you think Hollywood stars get away with not paying their bills? But this is getting harder because of pressure from counties over nursing homes. They came up with Tom Selleck and reverse mortgages which are a way to steal your home, not by the bank but by the county and nursing home when you get old. But the OP did not ask about real property.

There a many tricks to simply disappear. I learned all these the hard way---after they cost me money as a bill collector. When something costs you money, you remember and learn.

dont use credit or debit cards, pay cash for everything.
dont use loyalty cards, use a burn phone-no contract.

VPN uses a real IP address... With a VPN, in between your computer and the public IP address there is a VPN pipeline.

And most importantly, a vpn, the better ones at least, encrypts the traffic between the public address and my computer, so law enforcement agencies might track the information as far as the vpn server but from there to my place it's gibberish.

A better way to stay offgrid is to piggyback onto someone else's internet connection. One not in your name.

The term you're looking for is "Grey Man".

Seriously, why would you need to hide from the government unless you’re doing illegal things?
GSlG5au.jpg

I'm looking to stay off the radar and keeping my presence unknown to law/government while blending into society.

But back on topic, because it's a good topic, I don't think it is necessary in many cases to go to extreme lengths to assume another identity. How would that work for a person who has formal credentials, such as an engineering degree? Or a person who in the years ahead may come into an unexpected inheritance. I doubt any of us here live under an assumed name, what I assume is that we simply keep our mouths shut and agree with a majority group. Or if need be, pretend to agree with some current state of affairs.

Questioning the need for lockdowns or masks or vaccines for example is quite acceptable. If they wanted to make a list of people doing that it would include half the nation, but the list of protestors arrested here in Australia for flouting the current laws and protesting in the streets is quite small. As preppers/ Survivalists that is not the sort of thing we would get caught up in. It's counter to our Greyman philosophy for a start. What that idiot above said about " hiding from the government unless you’re doing illegal things? " Is half right. There is no need to hide from the government as long as the illegal things you are doing are undetectable, and in that regard I don't think we can be too vigilant in covering our arses.

Seriously, why would you need to hide from the government unless you’re doing illegal things?

Because we should not have to live in fear that the government is doing illegal things that violates the Constitution and the Bill of Rights or by their surrogate, Silicon Valley.
Because 1984 was never to be a training manual.

You may accuse others as being paranoid, but that still does not escape the fact of the matter that is exactly is what is transpiring.
See as an example: The FBI comes up empty-handed in its search for a Jan. 6 plot

Were you born last night or is the another result of low information CNN? You cannot completely hide ever. What you can do is lower your radar image. Morons work for the government. They have all the resources imaginable to monitor you. But they are lulled into a routine complacency. All you really have to do is slightly disrupt their results and they will miss you most of the time.

To answer your question directly, you have nothing to worry about in a Biden Administration, Brent. You are their perfect citizen.

Latest posts

Back