Global Warming Update

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, let's assume that human action does affect climate change . . . which is in doubt.
If it does, I WANT MORE climate change.
Look at history; just the last 1000 years will do for several instances. The times of significant starvation, sickness, death and therefore significant population decrease have been times of cooling, not too much heat.

So, let's crank up those big petrol cars and build a lot more coal-fuelled power stations!

Last edited:
Methane (according to the global warming scientists) has 25 times as much effect on global warming as CO2.
Where does most of the methane come from?
In the Americas and in Africa: Wetlands and rainforests
In Asia: East India and CHINA. The methane production in China dwarfs the rest of the world.
This is a visualization of global methane concentrations from NASA:

I'll let you in on a little secret. It's already too late. If we stopped doing everything that puts CO2 in our atmosphere right now, and that is not going to happen, the excess, released by burning fossil fuels, will be around for at least hundreds of years. We can't stop it so we are going to have to adapt to it.
Unfortunately, I believe you are correct here. I will add though that by reducing the output of CO2 and other pollutants we can reduce the severity of the effects. I just think there is little chance of the entire world will slow their outputs. For any substantial change there will need to be a major breakthrough in battery technology and in power plants. It will happen, but not as quickly as it needs to be. We should have been working on innovation for these things since the 40’s. Oil was just too cheap for anyone to care to.

Incorrect. Floating ice that melts will not raise ocean levels at all. Remember, why does ice float to begin with? It is less dense than water. When the part of the ice under the water line melts, it takes up less space. 10% less :).

Take a glass of water, add 6 ice cubes, mark the water line and let it melt.

100% correct. I believe the last estimate was an 18 foot rise in ocean levels???
Depending on how warm it gets I’ve seen estimates up to 30-50’. Luckily I live 1410’ above sea level here!

The only guarantee is that none of us, or many generations will ever know for sure. And yet many people are willing to give up our current standard of living, give trillions to the UN, all for a half assed theory. Sounds really stupid to me.
If you look at the history of US "public education" (whose origins are from Germany in the 1800s), the intention behind it was not benevolence toward "the masses"; the intention was to create a compliant population.
It has been very effective in that mission.
Most people do not know how to reason.
They are thus easily swayed with BS propaganda, whether it is "the war on terror", "global warming/climate change" or "the pandemic". There WILL be other effective public opinion warping initiatives which will result in increased control and more social destruction.

And yet many people are willing to give up our current standard of living, give trillions to the UN, all for a half assed theory.
The collective standard of living in the West has been going south for decades now so this will make no difference. Once all the easily available oil has been extracted and burnt the average Joe will be plunged into abject poverty anyway, 17th century style living for most. And all the pointless jobs that have arisen during the oil age will vanish too, I can't see anything other than the mass dieoff that has been predicted myself. It's going to be an interesting few decades ahead, I'm glad I'm out in the boonies and somewhat prepared.

The only guarantee is that none of us, or many generations will ever know for sure. And yet many people are willing to give up our current standard of living, give trillions to the UN, all for a half assed theory. Sounds really stupid to me.
I don't think there is anything we can do to stop any climate change, much like you can't stop a solar flare.
If it happens it happens. Live your life and become as self sufficient as possible.
We humans give ourselves way too much credit for the "changing climate"

It is no longer "Global Warming", it is now "Climate Change", which is true and not something that can be denied. The climate has been changing since the earth was first formed and will continue to change until it no longer exist. Nothing can change that (no matter how much money you give to Al Gore). As with most things that the left does, they present 1/2 truths, just enough to rally the 1/2 brained snowflake who doesn't have enough sense to think for themselves.

Climate changes all the time. In fact, climate changes daily as does the weather. Earth's climate has been changing every day for the last 4.6 billion years. They do mean global warming but they cannot document or defend any position on global warming---not all the "climate scientists" in the world. But they really do not even mean global warming, they mean man-made global warming and that is impossible to document at all because it is such a lie.

We are 15 thousand years into an Interglacial Period right now. Normally, they last 60-150 thousand years. This means it is going to get a hell of a lot hotter on planet earth soon---at it will be a good thing for all countries north (or south) of 40 degrees. Right now the limits of agriculture are about 55 degrees North. If this extends northward, vast areas in Alaska, Canada, Sweden, Finland, and Russia will be able to produce huge quantities of food. Why the Left hates this so much is the consider southerners (people living below 30 degrees north and south) as their special pets. For them warming will be a disaster.

The collective standard of living in the West has been going south for decades now so this will make no difference. Once all the easily available oil has been extracted and burnt the average Joe will be plunged into abject poverty anyway, 17th century style living for most. And all the pointless jobs that have arisen during the oil age will vanish too, I can't see anything other than the mass dieoff that has been predicted myself.
good, bring it on.

Gotta luv this woman!!!

1636818526238.png

I will add though that by reducing the output of CO2 and other pollutants we can reduce the severity of the effects.

CO2 is hardly a pollutant. Plants die without it. And we die without them. (I like oxygen as well as fruits and vegetables.) Current CO2 levels are lower than 700 years ago. We could use more, but we have no control over that.

"Tell a lie, the bigger the better."

100 years' worth of predictions, none close to ever happening. None of Al Gore's sky-is-falling nonsense happened.

The volcano at La Palma has already put more CO2 into the atmosphere than humans ever have. No effect.

Mt. St. Helens belched more toxins into the atmosphere in 1980 than the entirety of human history. Three years later -- undetectable.

The earth is a machine of sorts. A PID loop in programming terms. It does what it does. Just like the sun. There's no stopping what they are or what they do.

Last edited:
Oil was just too cheap for anyone to care to.

That's a very naive position to have on oil.

Oil contains an immense amount of power per gallon and is almost ready-to-use when brought to the surface. Cracking it is easy and yields many useful substances.

Only nuclear rivals its power density and ease of extraction. But unlike nuclear, oil can produce more than just electricity.

Latest posts

Back