Helpful Info. Get satellite communications asap

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have satellite home phone (and it’s one of the circuits on the Gen) through my internet provider. I can connect the IPhone to the satellite internet and do the same and have text
Am I missing something other than portability with a bivy stick?

You have a system that works, there are many different systems.

Did you watch the video? I think you missed a few things. Bivy can be way better for anonymous communications, especially not on a IPhone or Google phone. How reliable is your satellite internet provider? Who controls its satellites?

I admit, I made it 2/3 of the way through.
I couldn’t see any any benefit over the current. I am often impressed where websites think I am. Colorado,Texas, Georgia seem to be the most popular.
It may be beneficial to some who need it for bug out land.
Not criticizing it. Just didn’t see the benefit.
If I think about who controls it, I would probably switch to Elon’s venture.

I have a unique opportunity. My wife’s company pays our business class internet even though they dropped it down to the lowest level after she stopped working from home. Her new contract will be signed in October, so we could lose this benefit paid for.

I get to compare 2 companies at once at the same time. Viasat has very High speed for their Business class, but the throttling issues. If you download a movie and used up your data for you plan, you can get slower download speeds for the rest of the month

Yesterday we received the Starlink package via Fed Ex. Kinda confused by the lack of written documentation in the box. Until you download the app onto your phone, you really don’t have a clue how to install.

I am beating the down load speeds from viasat business class and the upload speeds keep increasing.

My 2 satellite dishes, DTV and ViaSat are fixed in the same direction. The Starlink has moved from SE to NE in the past 8 hours. Everytime I check, the speed upload, download increases. Latency decrease. Weird thing, it points up while the other dishes are at a 45.

Starlink is meant to be transportable. You may have to pay extra for this. For anyone with BOL,this may be important

I would say if you self install this system, give it a couple days to reach its full potential.

The dish learns from your location. Totally unique from previous technologies

I have Hughes Net and Ooma. I move the Ooma from summer to winter houses. The problem is the Ooma phone is now broken. I can hear but nobody can hear me. Now I have to buy another phone and try to hook it up through the Ooma systems without being charged double.

Sorry this guy is wrong In the first minute.

I have poor cell service. I have my cell connect to MY satellite internet. Not the poor service from cell tower to a satellite.
In range of my router, I have very good service on my phone barring dead spots in my wireless router system
It then connects to my phone carrier system. Had to contact my carrier to get this feature turned on.

He says the satellites for sat phones are at 18,000 miles...
Yes, there are some sat phones that use geosynchronous satellites, but at 18,000 miles the lag would be unacceptable to most consumers. Plus, sat phones using geosynchronous satellites are bigger and bulkier due to the power requirements. In order minimize lag you have to put sat phone satellites in low earth orbit.
My guess is that the phones issued to Senators use low earth orbit satellites.

Irridium satellites are at 483 miles.
Globalstar satellites are at 876 miles.
Starlink satellites are at 342 miles

Here is my source for my above post . I rewatched this and noted that I was incorrect in stating the National Guard was being issued satellite phones . They are practicing for grid down , communications down by usual means . How they plan to communicate is not stated . I know some folks have a hard time facing what some are expecting . I can only hope they reach into their strong fiber and get them selves mentally prepared . SHTF appears to be upon us .

Here is my source for my above post . I rewatched this and noted that I was incorrect in stating the National Guard was being issued satellite phones . They are practicing for grid down , communications down by usual means . How they plan to communicate is not stated . I know some folks have a hard time facing what some are expecting . I can only hope they reach into their strong fiber and get them selves mentally prepared . SHTF appears to be upon us .

If the grid goes down, SHTF won't quite cover it as a discripter. It would literally be the end of the world as we know it! People won't know how to live without. Fasten your seatbelts!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back