Get Home Bags

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BlingGlock_zps6e6c03eb.jpg

There are biometric lockboxes available at a reasonable price that will open to your fingerprint.

No fumbling around, no remembering combinations, and only you can access the firearm.

If you decide to go with a double action revolver, a Smith and wesson K frame (or larger) can be fitted with a Magna lock. This means that you wear two magnetic rings (one on each hand), and gun will only shoot for you. If a criminal takes your gun, it won't fire because (s)he is not wearing the rings.

This arrangement is really good if you have kids, but--obviously--such devices don't replace the rules of gun safety.

PS: If you're concerned about a gun accidentally going off when you carry (and you shouldn't--not with any firearm in good repair, or any decent holster), then load your gun with dummy snap cap inert, plastic cartridges. You'll be able to see if your gun fired or not.

Just don't get the "Miami Vice" style horizontal shoulder holster. The gun points at anyone behind you.

I do have such a holster, but only for if I'm carrying a heavy, bulky, backpack. The horizontal position makes it easier to access the gun under these circumstances (limited shoulder movement because of pack straps), but this kind of holster is still a bad idea.
Thank you for all this info Kevin.
I have teens, most notably a 19 year old who likes to shoot our AR off the back of the property. Haha

Thank you for all this info Kevin.
I have teens, most notably a 19 year old who likes to shoot our AR off the back of the property. Haha
Cool. I have an AR-15, but I don't get a chance to shoot it as much as I like. It's a standard A2 rifle-style gun with a fixed stock, as opposed to the ones that resemble the M4.

Which model/type do you have?

Cool. I have an AR-15, but I don't get a chance to shoot it as much as I like. It's a standard A2 rifle-style gun with a fixed stock, as opposed to the ones that resemble the M4.

Which model/type do you have?
Honestly I'm not sure - its my husbands. I need to learn how to shoot it. I think just a stock standard model.
Learning how to load a gun, clean it, and shoot is on my list of things to do this year!

Honestly I'm not sure - its my husbands. I need to learn how to shoot it. I think just a stock standard model.
Learning how to load a gun, clean it, and shoot is on my list of things to do this year!
Wonderful, and good luck. When taking apart some kinds guns, be careful to watch videos and/or get professional instruction. You can hurt your hands and fingers if you manipulate a slide or a bolt (like in an M1 Garand) in the wrong way, and you need your hands and fingers for your livelihood.

I have my get home bag with me 24/7 well anytime idea camoves and I'm away from home and then I have my shtf beg once I get there I work 40 minutes from my home and I'm a mechanic specializing in European Imports so we always have Volkswagen Beetles and stuff that I can make run if the case of an EMP and I drive an 81 Toyota Land Cruiser with points and carbureted so that should also gun and it's a standard transmission so I can always roll start it if I have to the problem is I live in a heavy populated area so that would get my donkey home and my bug out places a 4 and 1/2 hour drive away so I'll have one hell of a crazy commune to it

I have two get home bags. One that lives in the car at all times. Another smaller one that contains some food and other semi-perishable items that wouldn’t do well long term in a hot car in southern California. That one lives in my house and only moves to the car if I’m driving more than about 20 miles.

well I suppose being American means guns must come into every topic.
but here in Britain my GHB is just basic supplies to get me home in an emergency, avoiding people and arriving home in the shortest time possible.

God, Guns , Government , Christians , Carbines, Commies, Conspiracies :) :)

evlah1g5nr811.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back