General Strike

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhian L'Arson

Reaction score
The biggest strike in US history is developing at UPS. If it happens, it will affect every household in the country. If a substantial proportion of other workers in other industries all go on strike together in an organized effort, how long could they hold out to win the strike? How long could they shut down the economy?

depends on the size of the Union. Many Australian unions have combined becoming super unions they generally have very deep pockets. I’m not sure how American unions do.

The supply chain is already on the brink. FedEx independent contractors are going broke. I am lucky to to get FX deliveries 1x a week.
I would support the UPS drivers, but I have seen to many MSN stories about their poor working conditions in the heat.
Sorry no sympathies here. I drove a FL truck in 90d behind a hog hauler for 50 miles in 80% humidity 2/55 AC doesn’t work Or help.

I dont like unions, they should never have this kind of power. FedEx and UPS already have great pay and benefits.
All union's should be banned, especially teacher and government employee unions.

It's when unions intertwine with government is the problem.

I'm generally not in favor of unions, but I'm OK with unions as long as membership is optional. Forced membership is not OK. I was once the sole non union employee in a unionized factory. The state was a "right to work state" and they could not force me to join.
I have to say though, at that factory, the union did more good than harm. And on balance they were much better for the company than the management was. They actually cared more about the product quality than management did. BTW, I was quality control supervisor the last year I was there. I got fired for doing my job, which apparently I wasn't supposed to take seriously. My boss told me, and I quote: "As long as our customers take any shit we send them, this industry is not ready for quality control."

I worked in a union shop many years ago. One time the employees decided to go on strike. They ended up settling for less money than the company originally offered. I think it was like 25 cents an hour over 3 years. It took many years for the foolish strikers to make up for what they lost while on strike. We eventually busted the union. The company immediately fired all of the worthless employees and gave the rest of us a nice raise and a bonus. I'm fine with right to work states where an employee can choose to join or not.

The biggest strike in US history is developing at UPS. If it happens, it will affect every household in the country. If a substantial proportion of other workers in other industries all go on strike together in an organized effort, how long could they hold out to win the strike? How long could they shut down the economy?
all their bills, mortgage, and debt weakens workers power to survive long without working. What happens when preppers come up with a strategy to survive the strike long enough to win?

Will there be a general strike? Things are looking bleak as prices continue to rise and wages stagnate. With inflation soaring and the cost of living skyrocketing, workers are struggling and unions are threatening to take massive action unless wages go up.

UPS workers are threatening the biggest strike in history and other workers may join them in the struggle. Shutting down delivery of all goods and services and causing widespread disruption across the country is workers' most powerful weapon.

I'm more concerned about the millions of Americans living on fixed incomes

To get to the root of the inflation problem, you gotta look at how prices are affected. The price of everything breaks down to labor costs, nonlabor costs, and the mark-up for profits.

Most price increases are because of fatter corporate profits. Since wage growth lags far behind inflation, we know that's not what's increasing prices. Supply-chain snarls are also driving up prices. This points to some solutions to fight inflation.

Given that higher prices and profits are at the heart of the problem, price controls and increasing taxes on corporate profits would help solve it. Nationalizing the big monopolies controlling prices is an even better solution.

For example, four large meat-packing companies control 85 percent of the beef market. They can increase their own profits at the expense of farmers, who make less, and consumers, who pay more.

The government should just buy one of the four companies and run it properly. Nationalizing one of the big boys would increase competition in a few months.

Once they're under government control, companies will no longer be able to manipulate the market, control supply and drive up prices. Instead of going to the billionaires, the profits could be used to help out the folks who are struggling on fixed incomes.

My only concern is how much my investment will return. I don't give a crap about the employees, I only care about how profitable the management team can make it.

Think of your tax dollars as your investment and the corporations as the employees. You don't give a crap about them, you only care about how profitable the government is for you.

Think of your tax dollars as your investment and the corporations as the employees. You don't give a crap about them, you only care about how profitable the government is for you.
I never invest in government bonds or securities. I only invest in private companies, mostly large caps, some international companies, energy companies, etc. Yes, I only care how profitable these companies can be. The more profitable they are the more secure their dividends are and the more profits they return to me. Everyone's investments were doing great until Biden and the communists stole the election.

I'd rather starve than be dependent on government for anything. Or to see government take over any business for any reason.

In 2009, the government bought 60% of General Motors for $51 billion and installed a new CEO. The GM bailout saved 1.2 million jobs and $34.9 billion in tax revenue.

Latest posts

Back