General Inflation Stockpiling

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backandbeyond

God Like
Reaction score
With all this talk of inflation, and obvious shortages, I have begun buying some extra supplies for the future. From bicycle tyres to transmission fluid, from Chilli sauce to spare appliances. I have a big split system in the living room and I had a second installed on the opposite wall, as a backup and because I'll no doubt save a packet on what it would have cost in 3 or 4 years, I use them interchangeably. Money sitting in the bank is slowly losing value and I see little point in waiting to buy things I know I'll consume in the future. I'm looking for ideas on what to get so any suggestions would be welcome.

With all this talk of inflation, and obvious shortages, I have begun buying some extra supplies for the future. From bicycle tyres to transmission fluid, from Chilli sauce to spare appliances. I have a big split system in the living room and I had a second installed on the opposite wall, as a backup and because I'll no doubt save a packet on what it would have cost in 3 or 4 years, I use them interchangeably. Money sitting in the bank is slowly losing value and I see little point in waiting to buy things I know I'll consume in the future. I'm looking for ideas on what to get so any suggestions would be welcome.

I'd be compiling an "import" list >>> I don't see China holding back on Taiwan much longer and Russia is being more coy with their war preps but the troops moved up to the Ukraine border never went back to base - don't see you guys having much of anything but domestic if things pop ....

Last edited:
Spain has created a bullion currency for the first time.

This is important because it is the only country in the European Union, together with Austria, that has a bullion. This has been surprising in Europe, but it shows that there is a demand among the population to invest in gold. Inflation is feared in Europe.

In Spain there is a lot of demand for this currency and it is believed that it may revalue a lot in the future due to its high demand.

View attachment 14356

Its design is based on the Real de a Ocho, which was a model for the US Dollar.

Characteristics:
The Reverse Proof 1-ounce .999 fine gold coin is denominated €1.5, an unusually low denomination for a gold bullion coin of the world.
The reverse depicts the head of an Iberian lynx. In addition, the face value (€1.5) appears, with the year date of issue (2021) and the crowned symbol of the Spanish Mint.
The coin’s obverse features imagery borrowed from the famous Spanish silver “piece of eight” coin, which circulated around the globe for more than two centuries.
The 2021 coin appropriates the Pillars of Hercules design that represents the two hemispheres meeting, with two globes crowned over the seas, and the legend PLVS VLTRA appearing on ribbons mounted on opposite pillars.
Legends identify Spain’s current monarch, Felipe VI, and the coin’s weight and fineness.
The coin weighs 31.21 grams and measures 37 millimeters in diameter. The inaugural issue has a mintage limit of 12,000 coins, each delivered encapsulated.
The coin, with continuing Lynx motif, is to be sold through distributors worldwide, according to the Spanish Mint.

Latest posts

Back