Geiger reading

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolnor

Reaction score
I got 31cpm today, thats high for me but not unusuall for background radiation. We had fallout from the Chernobyl disaster here in Sweden, it was forbidden to sell and eat meat from wild animals such as reindeer for some time because of high levels of Cesium. This was all the way up in the North so the shit spreads far. I check every lunch now if there is elevated levels because Putiins men has stormed Ukrainenien Nuceplants. I have seen on the web that you can buy Uraninite, it would be nice to check the shelter with a hot sample to se how good it protects. Uraninite is 158milionBequerel/kg så its pretty sparkling. Uraninite - Wikipedia
Its mostly beta-radiation from uraninite so it does not penetrate well, the real problem in a shelteris gamma-rays. Mindat.org
1648634213921.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is the Mineral site, I bought a small sample today.
https://mikon-online.com/mikon_en/uraninite-jachymov-bohemia-cz-mm-1.html
i think the sample will be a miljon Bequerel something, its around 10g
Only a small,part of the emitted rays will hit my Geiger-tube because it emitts in all directions but still there will be some noice from the meter!
Here is a discussion about radiation from Uraninite, you do get gamma to: Education : What form of radiation from uraninite?
Here is what gives gamma-rays in the fallout, Cesium137 Radionuclide Basics: Cesium-137 | US EPA
Thev other nukleides are mainly beta and alpha emitters as far as I can see.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back