Gas bottle bbq. My take...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadly dave

Reaction score
Hi members. This is my version of the gas bottle bbq.

It is my first attempt and I hope to be able to bbq meat, roast and bake with it.
The removable grill is what I will cook meat on and boil the kettle, using wood.
For roasting I will try heat beads with the Weber lid and the roast sitting on the grill,
There should be enough room for a two man roast I hope...

I can also crank it up and keep warm and shut it down and hope to have hot coals in the morning..
I plan to use it this weekend camping to see how it go's, So far my only complaint is the flue size.
Its still a work in progress.

Thanks for looking..

Attachments

• bbq1.jpg
    bbq1.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 8
  • bbq2.jpg
    bbq2.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 8
Hey Deadly Dave... that bird looks yummmy! There are two things I like to do when cooking chicken... first brine it for at least 6 hours before I cook it.... and the other thing is after I cook it (when it reaches 165 F I like to let the bird "Rest" for at least 10 minutes before carving it.

Man, that chicken looks so delicious! What time is dinner?? You did good work there!!

Thanks for the comments Bravery:) Whats the idea with soaking the chicken in brine?
I added a few bits of tinder for a smoked flavor and was happy with the end result.
Cheers Dave..

I think I should have posted this in the DIY section:(

Thanks for the comments Bravery:) Whats the idea with soaking the chicken in brine?
I added a few bits of tinder for a smoked flavor and was happy with the end result.
Cheers Dave..

I think I should have posted this in the DIY section:(
I think this post should have been put right on my kitchen table!!! Like one of my friends would say... "That there is some mighty fine looking yard bird."

The brine solution (made up of sugar, salt, and other spices mixed into boiling water until the salt and sugar dissolve.... then let cool to room temp or cooler) will draw the added flavors into the chicken as well as add a lot of extra moisture! I do this with Turkeys every year and my wife's family end up singing songs about me. I have recommended doing this to several people and they all were very pleased with the outcome.

I also like to buy a bottle of marinade (Mojo made by a company called Goya... I have tried other brands and I was always displeased) and just marinade the chicken for a day before cooking it.

Latest posts

Back