Gardens 2021

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are nice, but they only$1000, even the big 2 tub model is $1250 and you should get free delivery.

Let me know what you think of it after trying it out.
Yeah the Homestead is $1000 by itself. For $1500 you get all the accessories, including an electric motor and wheels.
I've seen one of these in operation a couple years ago at our Pioneer Days. They pressed apple juice and it was delicious. Been wanting one ever since.

I've been watching videos on using hydrogen peroxide in and on your garden and plants. I have never used it.

Have you guys and what do you think? I have lots of peroxide in my stores and I know it doesn't have a long shelf life. I appreciate any questions, comments or snide remarks.

Robin I would strongly suggest you read this post about the use of hydrogen peroxide in the garden.

https://www.gardenmyths.com/hydrogen-peroxide-garden/

This is a great blog for answering many of these type of gardening questions.

[QUOTE Garden Myths is a blog dedicated to unearthing the truth about gardening. It will look at common and not so common myths and debunk them. The blog will go one step further and explain the science around the ‘truth’. Don’t let the word ‘science’ scare you off. The blog is written for the general public with no science background. ][/QUOTE]

Robin I would strongly suggest you read this post about the use of hydrogen peroxide in the garden.

[QUOTE Garden Myths is a blog dedicated to unearthing the truth about gardening. It will look at common and not so common myths and debunk them. The blog will go one step further and explain the science around the ‘truth’. Don’t let the word ‘science’ scare you off. The blog is written for the general public with no science background. ]
[/QUOTE]
Thank you. I'll check it out.

[QUOTE Garden Myths is a blog dedicated to unearthing the truth about gardening. It will look at common and not so common myths and debunk them. The blog will go one step further and explain the science around the ‘truth’. Don’t let the word ‘science’ scare you off. The blog is written for the general public with no science background. ]
[/QUOTE]

No I'm hooked. Just about every trick of the trade we have been told is worthless. Kinda makes me happy. I havent wasted my time and money on these. I do save egg shells, banana peels to add to garden and add a little Epsom salt to tomatoes.

A little bit of hydrogen peroxide is always good for plants. Use it often, but not in high concentrations. Use the 35% food grade for best results, its even good for animals and humans for medicinal treatments. Good for food processing of meats, etc. You can drink it, apply it topical to treat all sorts of disease and sickness, but Chlorine Dioxide is much better and safer. Study the proper dosages and how to use it safely before ingesting it. I would only use it to treat things like gum disease and tooth infections.

We picked the first green peas today. Got about 3 lbs of shelled peas and had lunch with some and froze about 2 1/2 lbs. in 5 Zip-lock baggies!! The onions stems are over 3 feet high now and showing seeds in about 10% of the total plant count. The potatos are blooming and we still have no potato bugs. The grass is growing so fast, I need to cut it every 6-7 days. We save eggshells and dry them, crush and spread them on the garden almost daily. The dirt is hard as packed clay and needs lots of compost, sand and such to get it back into a softer and darker context after not being used for almost 20 years...Helena is happy...Gary

We picked the first green peas today. Got about 3 lbs of shelled peas and had lunch with some and froze about 2 1/2 lbs. in 5 Zip-lock baggies!! The onions stems are over 3 feet high now and showing seeds in about 10% of the total plant count. The potatos are blooming and we still have no potato bugs. The grass is growing so fast, I need to cut it every 6-7 days. We save eggshells and dry them, crush and spread them on the garden almost daily. The dirt is hard as packed clay and needs lots of compost, sand and such to get it back into a softer and darker context after not being used for almost 20 years...Helena is happy...Gary
The weather has put me so far behind. Too cold and wet all of April. I have picked strawberrries and sugar snap peas which I eat raw. Other than that, it will be my latest garden ever.

Well I was eating some of them while shelling and they were sweet, must be the same type. Helena bought the bag and I only planted them without seeing anything in English...
Fyi. I have lots of clay too so what I do is dig the hole or trough for tomatoes or seeds ,whatever then I fill that part with good compost or potting soil. That way it cuts down on cost. After the season, I till it all together and it helps the entire garden.

Fyi. I have lots of clay too so what I do is dig the hole or trough for tomatoes or seeds ,whatever then I fill that part with good compost or potting soil. That way it cuts down on cost. After the season, I till it all together and it helps the entire garden.
we will try that next year, thanx

Just bought my t-posts and some wire. Ready to start pounding with that terribly heavy pole driver.(it's heavy to my skinny arms).

It's too muddy today, but I wanted to have them ready when I feel like getting to work.
I put in several T posts last week and then wired a couple 16' wire livestock panels for the climbing plants. I usually have a couple hundred T posts, wooden posts and railroad ties stacked on hand.

I never complain about the heat, BUT today it is so muggy, the steam is coming up from the soil. I managed to set 12 of my t-posts, but am about dehydrated. I got the pole beans finished so that is the most important. The fast 4" of rain had overturned an entire row of wooden poles so I desperately need to fix those.

My shoes were so heavy with mud, I couldn't walk very well.

I have never seen so many blooms on my squash. Hopefully, my bees will pollinate. This year I am growing them vertically so I'm anxious to see the outcome.

@robinjopo It's easier to drive in the T post when it is still wet when dealing with clay. . .can only imagine red clay verses black clay.
Oh yeah. When my soil is dry, you can't even get a shovel into the ground. There's moist and then there is muddy soup. Lol

Latest posts

Back