Gardens 2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am unable to backspace to delete a word or misspelling. I can delete one letter then it jumps off the post and I have to start over again. Therefore; when my posts are discombobulated, it's because its too much trouble to correct.
I was using my tablet this morning and had the same thing happening. I finally gave up when I pressed the back button and it went back a page. Then wondered if it posted since I was in edit mode. It did.

Something like that got to my collards that were in one flower bed - nothing but stems left, and it didn't take them long to strip them either, almost overnight. But the collards in another flower bed and in the collard patch weren't touched. Getting time to replace the dead collards with new plants. I'm surprised at how many survived the summer. I did not dust them or water them all summer. I didn't do anything for them because every year they all bolt and die no matter what I do. But this year a number of plants never bolted.

Something like that got to my collards that were in one flower bed - nothing but stems left, and it didn't take them long to strip them either, almost overnight. But the collards in another flower bed and in the collard patch weren't touched. Getting time to replace the dead collards with new plants. I'm surprised at how many survived the summer. I did not dust them or water them all summer. I didn't do anything for them because every year they all bolt and die no matter what I do. But this year a number of plants never bolted.
That's how it happened with my okra. One garden stripped and the other wasn't touched. I have some lettuce that bolted and I'm waiting to collect seed. I have never started lettuce, kale or spinach from my own seed.

I woke up one day to find my tomatoes out back just about totally stripped by tomato horn worms. . . there was around 6. I couldn't believe what they were able to accomplish just about over night. Maybe I missed them with my eye sight and they tend to blend in so much.

Someone came to get eggs and I showed her some of my damage and she said her herb garden had been stripped too. The only thing left was parsley.
Must be hitting everyone in thisnarea
I woke up one day to find my tomatoes out back just about totally stripped by tomato horn worms. . . there was around 6. I couldn't believe what they were able to accomplish just about over night. Maybe I missed them with my eye sight and they tend to blend in so much.
They are really hard to see. They blend in perfectly. Chickens love them.

Someone came to get eggs and I showed her some of my damage and she said her herb garden had been stripped too. The only thing left was parsley.
Must be hitting everyone in thisnarea

They are really hard to see. They blend in perfectly. Chickens love them.
My chickens ran from them.

I am still cutting okra as well. I have frozen some, put some with tomatoes and am dehydrating it now. I threw a hand full in a gumbo I made a couple days ago and it worked great.
I love it breaded and fried when fresh. But like you preserve. I also pickle for salads other than what you suggested. When I freeze, I will also prebread some individually to make it easier to just get out what I want. I am now the only okra eater of the family.

I am still cutting okra as well. I have frozen some, put some with tomatoes and am dehydrating it now. I threw a hand full in a gumbo I made a couple days ago and it worked great.
Ive never dehydrated okra. I did bread some last year then froze. It was great. I always flash freeze so it doesn't stick together. This year I'm going to freeze some with gluten free coating since husband and daughter are both celiac people

Latest posts

Back