Gardens 2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robinjopo1

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
The other thread was for last year.

I checked my tomato seeds and I see a few popping through the starter mix. I can't see them all because the container is covered with plastic until they are mostly popped through.

I hope I don't repeat last Spring when I killed my first 36 tomato plants by adding too much fertilizer too early.

The other thread was for last year.

I checked my tomato seeds and I see a few popping through the starter mix. I can't see them all because the container is covered with plastic until they are mostly popped through.

I hope I don't repeat last Spring when I killed my first 36 tomato plants by adding too much fertilizer too early.
We did that with some tomato plants one time. It was sad.
Now I live in an apartment so I have potted plants. I only have ornamental plants now but I am planning to get some herbs soon. I've also seen people grow tomato plants in pots so I may try that as well.

I think I'm going to try growing potatoes in wire columns stuffed with straw this Spring. They won't take up much yard space that way. I've seen it done on Youtube.

I grow potatoes in containers because of walnut tree poisoning. Mine are small no matter how much I keep building up as they grow.

I wish you luck.

I think I'm going to try growing potatoes in wire columns stuffed with straw this Spring. They won't take up much yard space that way. I've seen it done on Youtube.
Ive seen people use used tires, stacking higher and adding dirt as they grow. When they are ready just knock over the stack and no digging up spuds. I don’t know how clean tires would be though as far as chemicals go.

We are expecting rain for the next week so I'm going to try and till today and get a few cold crops planted.

I planted english peas (green peas), spring green onions, beets and mustard greens yesterday. Have my potato and onion sets ready to go. I always plant potatoes around St. Patrick's Day. Already my husband is stalking the neighborhood rabbit population.

Getting our gardens ready. Planting at full capacity this year. I think we will need the extra food.

I am actually planting more this year for the same reason. I have the room and the seeds so no reason not to. Might be interesting trying to keep people out of it though.

I picked the carrots and beets that had been growing all winter in the greenhouse. I still have a lot of onions and leeks there but will pick as needed. I got it cleaned up and tilled everything but the onion area, raked it out watered it in. Hope to plant tomorrow. I ordered the new cover last week and should be able to pick it up this week. I thought about slating the roof with wood to attach lean panels but didn’t want to start a big project. Just recovering it takes a couple hours vs installing a more permanent roof being a couple days. Not to mention about two thousand bucks.... I get about three years out of the covering I’m using now. Am looking forwards to planting again.

I planted english peas (green peas), spring green onions, beets and mustard greens yesterday. Have my potato and onion sets ready to go. I always plant potatoes around St. Patrick's Day. Already my husband is stalking the neighborhood rabbit population.

I have a 6-7 foot fence around my gardens for deer, rabbits etc.

Over half of my strawberry plants have died. I'm bummed. I have 50 bare roots ordered but they wont produce until next year.

I have a 6-7 foot fence around my gardens for deer, rabbits etc.

Over half of my strawberry plants have died. I'm bummed. I have 50 bare roots ordered but they wont produce until next year.
If you have rabbits that could jump over a 5’ fence then I’d quit gardening and just hunt rabbits for food!

Latest posts

Back