Gardens 2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope I plant mine outside. By the time first frost comes I look forward to my gardening and canning days being over till the next spring. Time to crawl up in my recliner with my knitting needles and a good audio book and enjoy the cold weather out the window. Some good movies and naps. I have no desire to extend my gardening season I am tired. Time to eat on all that food I just spent the last 7 months preserving. Just me.

Nope I plant mine outside. By the time first frost comes I look forward to my gardening and canning days being over till the next spring. Time to crawl up in my recliner with my knitting needles and a good audio book and enjoy the cold weather out the window. Some good movies and naps. I have no desire to extend my gardening season I am tired. Time to eat on all that food I just spent the last 7 months preserving. Just me.

Don't blame you DD! I don’t have as large of gardens as you do. Have another spot picked out to add additional space next year, but have to have the trees removed first. My cool weather vegetables were planted late and they didn’t do so well so I decided on a fall planting in the greenhouse.

Plus, I need to learn how to grow another crop in case we are living off of only what we grow at some point in the future.

Today I planted cauliflower, broccolI, kale, romaine lettuce, carrots, cabbage, sugar peas, Brussels sprouts, spinach and the garlic you said should be planted now. Really looking forward to seeing how it grows!

Will be planting potatoes on Friday in a cool elevated wood planter from Tractor Supply. It’s 7’ long and about 3’ wide. The depth is good too. We will see how potatoes grow in it!

My son came to me with his hand behind his back. He said he had me a present and he was so proud. He had picked my only watermelon (I think) it was only the size of a baseball. I cracked up and told him what it was. He told me he would go put it back.

I wanted to cry because he was so proud of his gift. Oh the innocence that so many are missing today. I'll have to wait till next year and do a better job of planting. The vines are not healthy. I guess my soIL is incorrect for melons. I dug a hole and filled with soil but it didn't work.

I have had 4 tomato plants that I have been babying during this hot summer. They bloom, but they just fall off. Recently my Roma even has a nice cluster. I am hopeful, but just dont see them surviving after the storm that is going to be moving in. I have a few vines with butternut that are about 6 inches long. . . I think these will just get shredded.

Hope to pick the last of my paste tomatoes this week and pull up the plants between storms. We are getting rain almost every day now. Picked shell beans and have them drying prior to the storm rolling through. Got my bell peppers chopped and dehydrated. Still have butter beans, shell beans (cranberry beans), green pepper, cucumbers, cantaloupe and okra producing. Hoping for figs to ripen still and picking blackberries. Still have plum tomatoes and some slicers ripening. Elderberries frozen to deal with at a later date.

Latest posts

Back