Gardens 2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can not see a deer doing this. I have a fence then I have netting coving the blackberries and they are inside the fence and reach about 6 feet into the garden. There hasn't been any disturbance of the netting by anything.
It might be something smaller like a pig, cause I watched them in my corn one night, they chomp on the base of the stalk till it drops to get to the cob. The thing that's eating might not be starting from the top but from the bottom up.

I have heard human hair also. I have tried hanging soap also to leave the scent of humans. Didn't work. Big dogs and guns are about the best suggestions or a really tall fence. Frustrating I know.

My dogs would go after them, but I don’t let them. These type of dogs body slam beef cattle to herd them, so a deer would not do well. My boys probably outweigh most of the deer around here too.

You and me both Robin. I want a couple of the dwarf ones so bad! Hubby won’t go along with it...but I am not giving up! What about you? What kind do you want? Making cheese from their milk would be my main reason.

I don't know that much about breeds, but I like the dwarf ones. It would be impossible for me because I don't have a barn. Just a chicken coop. I have so many things planted willy nilly that I can't fence. I would really like to do the rent a goat thing so I can clean out some of my underbrush. Keep them about a month then send them back to their owner.

You and me both Robin. I want a couple of the dwarf ones so bad! Hubby won’t go along with it...but I am not giving up! What about you? What kind do you want? Making cheese from their milk would be my main reason.

I used to own goats. Until my husband walked out the door and took this picture.

Yes that is a goat on TOP of my brand new $4000.00 of brand new metal roofing.

No I will never own goats again as long as I have my husband 🙄

My dogs would go after them, but I don’t let them. These type of dogs body slam beef cattle to herd them, so a deer would not do well. My boys probably outweigh most of the deer around here too.
Body Slamming is hard work. 😁

Rex.jpg

Last edited:
I used to own goats. Until my husband walked out the door and took this picture.

Yes that is a goat on TOP of my brand new $4000.00 of brand new metal roofing.

No I will never own goats again as long as I have my husband 🙄

Ok, I shouldn’t have laughed, but did. That picture is so cool. But yeah, I would have shot it for tearing up my new roof!!

Slowly working through the paste tomatoes as they ripen and have been canning lots of tomato sauce. And ground my first jar of tomato powder.

Picked cantaloupe and we have been eating a bowl every night. They are wonderful and sweet. We tried a new to us heirloom variety called Minnesota Midget. They are great. They are a small melon almost individual about the size of a soft ball. Less cracking compared to the big ones, they turn colors when they are ripe and slip right off the vine. Next year I will plant more.

Still getting large pickings of cucumbers, squash and okra. Eating it fresh but I am no longer putting up squash but rather feeding it to the chickens. Less chicken feed that way.

Finished picking all the elderberry.

Hoping to can grape juice next week.

Happy Gardening DD

Latest posts

Back