Gardens 2020

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well with the heat and no rain in a week watering is a daily occurrence right now. We try to do it early in the morning to beat the heat. I did manage to put up some green beans, the last of the beets, zucchini are coming in daily so I have been freezing zucchini bread and I made some zucchini pineapple for baking. Gooseberries are gone now pretty well. I did make a pie with the last couple cups. Waiting on the next picking of green beans and the red beans to fill out.

I watered everything early this morning. Worked in the greenhouse a bit too. Just got finished spraying those darn beetles on a couple of trees and my vines. Squash and zucchini are doing great. My late planted sweet corn is too. Tomato plants are flourishing and yielding well.

My oldest daughter’s tomatoes 🍅 have done so well she made a bunch of marinara without buying any tomatoes. She’s happy! :D

Last edited:
I watered everything early this morning. Worked in the greenhouse a bit too. Just got finished spraying those darn beetles on a couple of trees and my vines. Squash and zucchini are doing great. My late planted sweet corn is too. Tomato plants are flourI shine and yielding well.

My oldest daughter’s tomatoes 🍅 have done so well she made a bunch of marinara without buying any tomatoes. She’s happy! :D

Remember Georgia that late corn is more prone to corn ear worms. Make sure and get you some mineral oil and put at the bottom of the silk right where it meets the cob. They lay their eggs on the silk and eat their way to the corn kernels. The mineral oil will smother them before they get there.

Remember Georgia that late corn is more prone to corn ear worms. Make sure and get you some mineral oil and put at the bottom of the silk right where it meets the cob. They lay their eggs on the silk and eat their way to the corn kernels. The mineral oil will smother them before they get there.

Will get some ASAP! Really appreciate the guidance. :D

I was driving down a mountain in a ram pro master high top and elongated van yesterday afternoon. It started raining and hailing so hard i was the only one still driving as everyone else pulled off for it. As I went under a power line the transformer on the pole that was about two feet off the road blew right beside us. It was the largest blast I’ve ever seen. Looked like an arc welder that could weld an aircraft carrier together in two seconds! It pulsed a second time when we were about fifteen feet past it. That’s as close to dying as I care to go for anytime in the near future... I was thinking about the linesmen that work those mountain lines. It taste a tough kind of person to work that kind of stuff.

I was able to pick about two gallons of tomatoes and another gallon of blueberries just now. I will get more blueberries and the blackberries tomorrow, as well as process the tomatoes. I think I will try the sauce recipe Danilgrl posted. Most of these were cherry tomatoes. I have loads of them coming ripe each day now. The large varieties of tomatoes are just starting to ripen now. It always seems to get busy at work when everything begins to ripen around here.... I’m keeping my head above water with things but barely!

I made a large pot of salsa today and canned a full load of it. I use half pint jars for salsa and It’s just cooling down now. Tomorrow I’m planning to pick a large load of tomatoes again and make pints of spaghetti sauce to can. I managed to wash and bag two more gallons of blueberries and one of blackberries too for the freezer. The house smells like a Mexican restaurant right now. If I only had some chips... they are on the list for tomorrow. I have a list of other stuff that Should get done too but right now I’m done. Sometimes in life it’s good to remember that not everything is going to get accomplished.

Picked my first blueberries today and also picked blackberries. Dug more potatoes and also picked a couple heads of late cabbage. Picking squash and zucchini every day now. Red beans should be ready next week. Cut back some grape vines that were just going crazy and going everywhere and weeded some. Up at daylight to beat the heat and afternoon storms which are now rolling in almost every afternoon now. I am wiped out.

Picked my first blueberries today and also picked blackberries. Dug more potatoes and also picked a couple heads of late cabbage. Picking squash and zucchini every day now. Red beans should be ready next week. Cut back some grape vines that were just going crazy and going everywhere and weeded some. Up at daylight to beat the heat and afternoon storms which are now rolling in almost every afternoon now. I am wiped out.
The heat is still brutal here too. The main garden and greenhouse are both overgrown messes right now. I’m not really keeping up but with the heat I don’t even care...

The Russian weather agency predicted "Hot summer without rain".
hahaha ..
Since May, it periodically floods.
IMG_20200531_172210.jpg

wild strawberries grow near the house, where there is no water
about 1 cup 1 time in 3 days.
IMG_20200707_102827.jpg

I have found top soil,I am going to order 10 yrds here in a few days,,,,I have the area picked out,I will mow it low till the ground and then have the new soil brought in,,,,I will then collect all my old hay bedding mulch it and add it to the garden I have rabbit droppings to add also,,,let it sit over the winter it should be about ready by April 2021

Latest posts

Back