gardening tip

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jontte

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
we all know seeds are usually very very small and planting them economically are difficult, so a friend gave me this tip and why not share it with you my prepping friends;

you all have in your kitchen potato fluor/farina and those guys who don't know what it is ask your wife.
from this flour you make glue and it's non-toxic all natural,like wallpaperglue but non-toxic.
you pre-cut thin slips of rice-paper aprox ,75 inch wide and 4 feet in lenght.
put the glue on the paper, sprinckle the seed evenly so that you don't use excess amount of the seeds, only a very thin line of them.
let it dry and the result should be a paperstrip ready for planting,easy planting may I add, instead of buying
seed strips like these,which are more expnencive,but easier to use,just a small furrow in the ground, seedstrip in it,cover with soil and that's it

You are welcome,
had I known about this before I planted my carrots,well it had gone a lot smooooooother and less seeds

You can do the same thing with toilet paper and no "glue". Just lay out the TP, spray it with water, lay the seeds out in a line, roll it up and put it into your garden trench. Personally, I start all my seeds indoors. I only put one seed in each biodegradable pot. The ones that grow get planted directly into the ground, pot and all. The ones that don't get a new seed. No wasted seeds at all this way as I don't have to thin my plants from overcrowding. And I don't have gaps from "dud" seeds.

LWesterfield,
so true, no "duds" give a better crop,my problem is that with no car and 5miles to where I have my garden is the transport issue,but I use those pots for my tomatoes and peppers, now I only pray for some sun otherwise I'm knee deep in troubles with my garden

Latest posts

Back