Gardening- New Seeds

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an interesting idea to use detergent tops. You need a large pot for those radishes, don't waste your time with a detergent top. What kind of soil did you use in the little pots? Please say you used a seed starter mix, or mixed your own. It looks kind of too clumpy on camera.
Nice grill and smoker!

That's an interesting idea to use detergent tops. You need a large pot for those radishes, don't waste your time with a detergent top. What kind of soil did you use in the little pots? Please say you used a seed starter mix, or mixed your own. It looks kind of too clumpy on camera.
Nice grill and smoker!
Starter mix with some regular dirt

while they sprout later than indoor seedlings, they tend to catch up and grow even better than ones started indoors.
We just discussed that with my BIL and he said that he always leaves some tomatoes on the stalks when the season is over to wilt and be buried all winter. They do sprout later but are bigger and more tasty than those he raises in pots, plants out and lets grow on their own yearly...

Do you mean the volunteer ones? I've noticed that. Also have had good luck with bringing in tomatoes, replanting them again outside in late spring.

Not sure if we are calling the same thing, the same thing.
If we leave some of the tomatoes on the vine, they rot, the seeds go into the ground, over winter and then sprout next spring.
We call them orphans.

We just discussed that with my BIL and he said that he always leaves some tomatoes on the stalks when the season is over to wilt and be buried all winter. They do sprout later but are bigger and more tasty than those he raises in pots, plants out and lets grow on their own yearly...
Good to know I am not the only one with that observation.
Thank you.

Latest posts

Back