Gardening 2023

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at buying a new garden tractor. I went to a feed store last week and they sell Bronson tractors. Has anyone here ever heard of a Bronson tractor? The tractor salesman was out the day I stopped in so I wasn't able ask any questions. I'd like to get an 18-21 hp model, 4 wheel drive with a loader and rototiller. I'd like to get a trencher attachment for it too.

I'm looking at buying a new garden tractor. I went to a feed store last week and they sell Bronson tractors. Has anyone here ever heard of a Bronson tractor? The tractor salesman was out the day I stopped in so I wasn't able ask any questions. I'd like to get an 18-21 hp model, 4 wheel drive with a loader and rototiller. I'd like to get a trencher attachment for it too.
Never heard of Bronson.
I have heard of Branson. There was a trailer sales place selling them about 40 miles away. Korean owned I think. I believe they were bought out recently by TYM.
I went with one that had a real dealer. Under 25h, no computer, no DEF. If I had gone up to the 33h Massy, would have had a computer.
Many of the under 25h are made by Mitsubishi for the different brands anyway.

Never heard of Bronson.
I have heard of Branson. There was a trailer sales place selling them about 40 miles away. Korean owned I think. I believe they were bought out recently by TYM.
I went with one that had a real dealer. Under 25h, no computer, no DEF. If I had gone up to the 33h Massy, would have had a computer.
Many of the under 25h are made by Mitsubishi for the different brands anyway.
Thats it, Branson. I'll go down next week and look a little closer at it. Don't like the fact that its Korean, but at least it isn't Chinese.
FYI, my 2020 70 hp JD doesn't use DEF either. It does have a computer though. So far I've never had a problem with it.

Thats it, Branson. I'll go down next week and look a little closer at it. Don't like the fact that its Korean, but at least it isn't Chinese.
FYI, my 2020 70 hp JD doesn't use DEF either. It does have a computer though. So far I've never had a problem with it.
Nothing in that HP range is American Made. Even a Deere has a Yanmar motor and computer.
i have had very little issues that I couldn’t fix with my Mahindra, but it was built by Mitsubishi.
Sorry Tractors have gone global and I know you are buy in the US Guy.

Nothing in that HP range is American Made. Even a Deere has a Yanmar motor and computer.
i have had very little issues that I couldn’t fix with my Mahindra, but it was built by Mitsubishi.
Sorry Tractors have gone global and I know you are buy in the US Guy.
My class of JD tractors are all made in India. Still better than China.

When I was looking at specs only, Branson was heavier, FEL lifted more. The packages offered by the trailer dealer were pretty attractive. Tractor, FEL, box blade, trailer.
But I am happy with my Mahindra that I bought used off lease as a crop wagon puller with a newer FEL added to it. It does everything I ask it to.
Good luck with the search.

I bought seeds from the seed vault. Prepper special. It's top quality seeds that store for 15+ years and some will still germinate after 30 years. There's a prepper special, 50,000 seeds in sealed PVC × 5. It's buy 4 get one free or anything else you buy it's 10% off with coupon code: Ranger.

The prepper special is great for a group of preppers or families to split.

Call and speak with them. There very helpful.

I bought seeds from the seed vault. Prepper special. It's top quality seeds that store for 15+ years and some will still germinate after 30 years. There's a prepper special, 50,000 seeds in sealed PVC × 5. It's buy 4 get one free or anything else you buy it's 10% off with coupon code: Ranger.

The prepper special is great for a group of preppers or families to split.

Call and speak with them. There very helpful.
I was just watching him interview the owner this evening as we made dinner. Made me think that I needed more seeds and both of my kids shouted "No!"

I told them that when I die their inheritance from me is books and seeds.

When I was looking at specs only, Branson was heavier, FEL lifted more. The packages offered by the trailer dealer were pretty attractive. Tractor, FEL, box blade, trailer.
But I am happy with my Mahindra that I bought used off lease as a crop wagon puller with a newer FEL added to it. It does everything I ask it to.
Good luck with the search.
I've heard good things about Mahindra tractors. I'll look in to them too.

I was just watching him interview the owner this evening as we made dinner. Made me think that I needed more seeds and both of my kids shouted "No!"

I told them that when I die their inheritance from me is books and seeds.

I watched it as well! We are all ”tuned in” aren’t we?! Found it interesting that they were talking about Seeds being used as money after the crash for a period of time. Sitting here wondering how valuable seeds will be? Heritage ones of course.

I watched it as well! We are all ”tuned in” aren’t we?! Found it interesting that they were talking about Seeds being used as money after the crash for a period of time. Sitting here wondering how valuable seeds will be? Heritage ones of course.
Ha. We were!
I think my kids would appreciate my seeds more if I told them they might be used for money some day.

I hope okra seeds are in demand. I have soooo many I can get rich.

Had my first tick. Maybe the critters will come out and then we will have another freeze and blast them.
One of the things I hate about living in the deep woods. We've been pulling them off the dogs for days now.

I have known a couple of people who have developed alpha-gal recently, so I make the kids shower and get a tick check every time they come in now.

One of the things I hate about living in the deep woods. We've been pulling them off the dogs for days now.

I have known a couple of people who have developed alpha-gal recently, so I make the kids shower and get a tick check every time they come in now.
Since we've owned this ranch, 10 years or so now, I've found 1 tick on the dog.

It is going to depend on the person I think, like most barter items. If you don't drink and I offer a bottle of wine for some .22 ammo, you aren't going to be interested. If a lot of people around you are preppers and have a lot of their own seeds, they might not be as interested as those who were caught flat footed...in which case, they may not have anything to trade that you need.

Wow. Does it just get cold enough to kill them? The dogs get into seed tick nests sometimes and come back with their snouts just coated. That's the worst because they're harder to find.
I suppose it could be the cold that kills off the ticks. Even the coons, coyotes and fox that I skin don't have ticks. Could be they drop off in the fall.
I spend all spring crawling through brush, weeds and grass repairing fence, never seen a tick on me. I always have my wife do a body search on me when I get back to the house.....
The only vermin that I run across in the brush are rattlesnakes.

Latest posts

Back