Gardening 2022

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a huge boo-boo. Both of my hands are stained by walnuts. I have tried all the tricks listed, but nothing is cutting the stain.

Also, when I hull the walnuts, there are little white worms inside. Luckily, they don't penetrate the shell.
Did you try lemon juice?

Question...... when you store beans and rice, do you freeze for a few days, thaw, bake at 225° for 2 hours then vacuum seal. I have not, but that is what the video said.

If I need to I will.

I do not store beans and rice together. When done separately, I put them in Mylar bags with a bit of DE sprinkled in and oxygen absorbers. Then I put them in 5 or 6 gallon buckets.

I made a huge boo-boo. Both of my hands are stained by walnuts. I have tried all the tricks listed, but nothing is cutting the stain.

Also, when I hull the walnuts, there are little white worms inside. Luckily, they don't penetrate the shell.

You aren't going to want to hear this but, we grow pecans. By the end of harvest each year, my hands are black. The only way to get the stain off that I have found, other than time, is bleach! Probably not the safest thing to do but, I have used it if I have to go somewhere where it might matter like a nice dinner, wedding etc...

The only other thing that sort of works is a Lava bar. It will just take multiple washes and some time but it will come off a little faster. If your hands are soft to begin with though, it can be irritating to your skin.
That brings back memories. My dad always kept a bar of Lava soap to clean his hands. I don't have sensitive hands. As I've proven, I work without gloves a lot.

Amazing to me that people that claim to be preppers and are regularly on prepper forums , thus were warned over and over of the coming food crisis and still did not plant a garden this year . Perhaps if they survive the winter they will see the error of their laziness and plant a garden next spring .

Amazing to me that people that claim to be preppers and are regularly on prepper forums , thus were warned over and over of the coming food crisis and still did not plant a garden this year . Perhaps if they survive the winter they will see the error of their laziness and plant a garden next spring .
. Perhaps if they survive the winter they will see the error of their laziness and plant a garden next spring .

Assuming they have running water available and a big drought (or worse) doesn't happen. At the very least, this should have been a learning year.

According to the AG reports that I read, all of the crops grown in our region are average or a little better than average. There are no shortages of food...at least not yet. There may be some processed foods that could become short in some areas. We don't eat much processed foods anyway so that's not a problem for us.

Latest posts

Back