Gardening 2022

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many of the natural sprays are Peppermint, cinnamon, garlic, etc oils. I hope this points in the direction for research.
Place I get IBC tanks from always has a gallon or so left in them of the concentrate.
Don‘t think this place is so innocent. It’s a locked, gated facility with an old motel serves as housing. Once I was in if I yelled Immigration, the cockroaches would be scattering.

Many of the natural sprays are Peppermint, cinnamon, garlic, etc oils. I hope this points in the direction for research.
Place I get IBC tanks from always has a gallon or so left in them of the concentrate.
Don‘t think this place is so innocent. It’s a locked, gated facility with an old motel serves as housing. Once I was in if I yelled Immigration, the cockroaches would be scattering.

I'm new to fruit trees myself. Dad was the expert. But I'll look into natural sprays. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:
I've had grass-fed beef many a time, but a local source would be so nice when SHTF. Going to try to strike up that deal next time our paths cross down there. Said he was planning to do one cow a year for him and his son. A coincidence, he processed with a small nearby butcher in Westphalia who is the brother of our best man! Small world! All goodness ahead, in moer ways than one for us.

Oh my! Your poor father. Really opened my eyes! Will be wearing total covering and a mask from now on and won’t spray unless I really need to. I don’t spray herbicides, just anti fungal (I realize they are not healthy either) its ingredient is sulfur.

That is a true blessing to have the connection to beef and cow patty fertilizer! This week I can‘t tell you how many blessings I’ve heard about and had regarding getting prepared for the coming times. Very exciting and amazing at the same time!

Looks like more snow today and tomorrow. Won't be working in the garden any time soon. So I think we'll head down and get more stuff for the garden. Some day it'll warm up and dry out enough to till the garden. Usually we can't start planting until June anyway. The wife took some soil samples in the garden to see if it needs anything to grow better vegetables. Should have the results today.
I'm going to pick up some wheat and barley seed and plant a couple patches to see how it does here. The wife wants to grind her own flour.

Looks like more snow today and tomorrow. Won't be working in the garden any time soon. So I think we'll head down and get more stuff for the garden. Some day it'll warm up and dry out enough to till the garden. Usually we can't start planting until June anyway. The wife took some soil samples in the garden to see if it needs anything to grow better vegetables. Should have the results today.
I'm going to pick up some wheat and barley seed and plant a couple patches to see how it does here. The wife wants to grind her own flour.

You have to much snow there for me to live there. To many wasted days for me. How do you get any work done?

You have to much snow there for me to live there. To many wasted days for me. How do you get any work done?
We do get a lot of snow here but spring time is usually pretty nice. We could have rain, snow and sun in the same day through to about June.
I always have something to do regardless of the weather. When its wet we do a lot of burning.

My one lemon tree is absolutely full of lemons growing!!!

1651268646407.jpeg

1651268865267.jpeg

Looks like they have found a new use for agave plants besides tequila and sweetener. Those of us in the southwest might want to consider planting them, if they aren't growing wild on your place yet. I don't have any on our rural properties, but I've seen them in the area........BIG ones. If you have them, your livestock won't go hungry if you follow the instructions on the video. Homesteaders and preppers need all the options they can have at their disposal when SHTF. This one might be totally FREE, if you have lots of buckets!

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/tequila-waste-regenerative-agriculture/

Last edited:
Hey Georgia, a friend of mine in New Mexico (zone 6a) planted all his herbs under his fruit trees. Don't know why, but they did well. I remember being worried about stepping on mint when he invited me over to pick pears.

What great news! I was reading that certain herbs are actually good for fruit trees. Going to be planting around some of my trees starting tomorrow. If this works, it will save me time and energy in the future!

I will tell you, between the smell of the fruit and the smell of the herbs around the trees, I thought it was the best! He had so many fruit trees, it was crazy. A fun place to pick. And then I'd bring him some jam.

Planted 12 more tomato seedlings and 4 Bell peppers. They were so leggy, I have to plant the tomatoes lying down. The peppers looked healthy.

After I finished, I remembered I had forgotten to wrap the stems to keep the cut worms away. Going to put down some egg shells and DE around the stems.

Finally getting around to planting tomatoes. I’ve started a few in seed pots, but not many. Those were the Amish Paste and Abe Lincoln.

Can you guys share what tomatoes you like best…and for what purpose? I planted the Amish Paste, for sauce making. Started Abe Lincoln‘s for canning. Don’t normally get as large a yield as I would like, but do very much enjoy the tomatoes.

Planted 12 more tomato seedlings and 4 Bell peppers. They were so leggy, I have to plant the tomatoes lying down. The peppers looked healthy.

After I finished, I remembered I had forgotten to wrap the stems to keep the cut worms away. Going to put down some egg shells and DE around the stems.

you mean by planting tomatoes "lying down" - you trench the leggy stem under the ground?

I have the possibility of deep planting vertically - use a notched cutter bulb planter for tunneling down - plant the leggy stuff down 15" or more if necessary ......

Latest posts

Back