G-Day From Australia

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaratapp

Reaction score
G-Day from Australia,

I come to this forum to learn from you all about the skills and supplies I need to prosper after Doomsday. I have very limited skills that I learned from Scouts and Martial Arts and in saying this I do have skills in radio based electronics and antenna design. Sadly in my country gun control is very strict with little to no possibility of owning a handgun or high powered rifle. I recently purchased a compound bow and joined an archery club to have some limited range defence capabilities. I have started purchasing a few survival supplies and learning bush skills. I am looking forward to your replies and contribute in what little ways I can to this forum.

Welcome, I would start with water and food. Just start picking up a little extra every time you go to the store. Remember to stock what you like because you will have to rotate it. Fire away with any questions the welcoming committee will be here shortly.

G-Day from Australia,

I come to this forum to learn from you all about the skills and supplies I need to prosper after Doomsday. I have very limited skills that I learned from Scouts and Martial Arts and in saying this I do have skills in radio based electronics and antenna design. Sadly in my country gun control is very strict with little to no possibility of owning a handgun or high powered rifle. I recently purchased a compound bow and joined an archery club to have some limited range defence capabilities. I have started purchasing a few survival supplies and learning bush skills. I am looking forward to your replies and contribute in what little ways I can to this forum.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Thanks guys,
I have started to stockpile some supplies of food and water, it is just hard as Australia has very limited long storage food available at stores and supermarkets. Half of what we eat or buy comes from asia and there is not a big market for dehydrated food. Any suggestions of online stores?

G-Day from Australia,

Welcome!
With "limited" resources for survival-type foods, my first suggestion would be your learning to can/preserve your own food. My Friend, will you be Bugging-In or Out?? Your answer to this question will allow us on this forum to better assist you in your preps.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Thanks guys,

There is a freeze dried company from New Zealand who ships to Australia but they only sell in small amounts like single serve. For now I will be bugging out as my situation will change shortly and give me the opportunity to build my own home based survival location. Canning foods sounds like a plan plus I could also use this to stock up on seasonal fruits while there cheap.

Head north to the Barrington tops or Into the blue mountains up there chap. Plenty of places to live off the land.
Though as for the blue mountains, thats where every sydneysider will go.

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Have started with the Rice and Beans but looking into a protein source. Looking I to so unconventional bugout spots near home. Still want access to townships and river systems. Liking the whole island idea, any suggestions for that type of prep?

For an island setup, (assuming you don't own said island), you need a well-stocked boat so you can just pull up and set up shop.

It's an inhabited island with good soil and free of wildlife. I am thinking of releasing some game onto the island. There is plenty of vegetation to support small game. Any suggestions on this idea?

Man,i looked for an hour for stores in Australia.you guys are lacking any arent you?:D i only found 2 or 3.as far as animals how about squirrels & rabbits?just remember to research what you put on there really well.last thing you would want on an island is 1 species that will totally wreck the eco system thats already there

No sorry I meant uninhabited island. We don't have squirrels in Australia. I was thinking rabbit or other small game. The problem with Australia is the level of control the government puts on self defense and ex-military supplies. It would be handy to find solutions to my issues if anyone can help.

Latest posts

Back